Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am a new member & about 4 weeks ago I purchased a passenger friendly Wheel Chair converted Wagon R+. Our other vehicles are a Peugeot 206 SW, a Peugeot Expert converted to a camper & a Reliant Kitten + 2 nearly 3 motorbikes. I have had a "few problems" with the Wagon & will be really interested in "a bit of help". but for now hello to you all. If I have actually managed to get a pic on my message it is of "Gracey" being delivered. She has not let us down "Yet".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2-3k missfire

Hello
We have a problem we have seen on here before, but could we have some more thoughts on it please.
There is a 'missfire' between 2-3k revs when medium accelerating. This only shows up after 10 miles. The engine management light comes up and has been diagnosed as plugs or leads. We have now changed these-no change to the fault.
Coupled with this is a disgusting usage of petrol.
So I think the 'missfire' is really a mixture issue.
As both of these problems seems to have been seen on here before is there any one who can help please?
Thanks ALSO
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
missfire

Hello
We have a problem we have seen on here before, but could we have some more thoughts on it please.
There is a 'missfire' between 2-3k revs when medium accelerating. This only shows up after 10 miles. The engine management light comes up and has been diagnosed as plugs or leads. We have now changed these-no change to the fault.
Coupled with this is a disgusting usage of petrol.
So I think the 'missfire' is really a mixture issue.
As both of these problems seems to have been seen on here before is there any one who can help please?
Thanks ALSO
And now we return with some results. I applied the answer put here by someone else-sorry forgot who. But the answer to the 'electrical' missfire at 2-3K after 10 miles looks like the choke assembly sticking as described. The cure was to remove the choke operating 'gubbines' with care as it is registered, which sits below the throttle body. This allowed access to the shaft that could be stuck in its blind end. In our case the screws holding the choke auto electrical gubbins (a wax stat I understand) where a 5 point security screw-unobtanioum. So I followed through the idea that we needed a small hole in the end of shaft/casting and a squirt of WD40 in the hole. In my case I used a 'dremmel' and a 2.3mm drill. This possible sounds a bit picky but the WD spout is 2.1mm!! The little squirt has fixed the problem!! and a little self tap scew fills the hole. Quite fantastic, no electrical missfire at 2-3K revs-ran rich!! Plugs and HT leads was obviously a side track.
The Other issue of disgusting petrol turns out to be.....90 miles to a tankful!!!! The car should have 9 gals but as it is wheelchair friendly so it has been altered to a 4 gaL and once we had done a journey or two we see that we are only accessing 2 of the gals in the tank. So 40+ to the gal is fine, 90 miles to an 'empty' tank is NOT. WE will have to remove tank and check pump/sender as soon as the weather bucks up.
Have fun.:mellow:
ALSO
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top