Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. My name is Rashid, and I have a JDM Suzuki SX4 2007 as my first car ever. I love it. So today I took it to my friend who deals car cooling systems (A/C specifically) because I noticed a flushing light on the A/C knob, which according to user manual, that means a problem with A/C that needs be checked. So he opened the bonnet while the A/C is on, and found that only the condenser fan is rotating but not the radiator fan, so he thought that might be problem. We checked on other 3 vehicles (Nissan xtrail, Toyota alphard and Toyota Noah) see if both fans are supposed to be rotating while the A/C is on, and yes, they both were rotating in all 3 vehicles.
But the general engine cooling system works fine because I never noticed any rise in temperature or anything, and the radiator fan even rotates when the car is idle, then turns off on its own.
So I what I want to know is, can that radiator fan not rotating with condenser fan with A/C on could be a problem, or we need to look for another problem.

Sorry for my bad english..

·
Super Moderator
15,402 Posts
Welcome to the forum

At this point you know two things, first - the a/c condenser fan IS working, because it runs when the a/c is on, and second - the radiator fan IS working, because it turns on & off, when the car is idling - so you know, both fans are working.

Find someone who has a reader that can read the HVAC system codes, find out what the BCM (body control module) is reporting as incorrect.

One of my co-workers has a vehicle similar to yours, when she comes in I'll take a look see if both of her fans run with the a/c on and let you know, but I doubt that that is your problem...

·
Super Moderator
15,402 Posts
My co-worker's car has two fans, only one (the right side) runs when the a/c is on.

·
Registered
975 Posts
..I have a JDM Suzuki SX4 2007
OK Write that down with all details about car (AWD? trim ? transmission ? engine type ? Right Hand Drive or LHD? ) and location in your profile and signature so we know in each of your posts. BUt...is your A/C working or not ?...
What trim is your SX4? higher trim has automatic climate control, while mid and lower trim have manual climate control. JDM is an importer...but from what souce...SUzuki are built in Japan, Hungary, India.....
Details can make a difference between pure guess and relevant replies.

·
Super Moderator
15,402 Posts
JDM is an importer...but from what souce...SUzuki are built in Japan, Hungary, India.....
Whilst there may be an importer somewhere in the world who has chosen to name his/her business JDM, perhaps to reflect what he/she offers - the term JDM or Japanese Domestic Market is a reference to vehicles that were built specifically for use in Japan, and may not be sold new outside of Japan - JDM vehicles are required to be compliant with Japanese emission and legal requirements, in the same way that vehicles for sale in the US have to meet, US DOT requirements, the country of build is not really relevant, but is usually Japan.

Used JDM vehicles are commonly exported and can be found in many RHD countries.

·
Registered
975 Posts
..JDM = Japanese Domestic Market ,,,
Yeah..I had misinterpreted . While all of continental EUrope SX4's were built at the Magyar plant, subsidiary of Suzuki, located in Esztergom Hungary along with the Fiat Sedici, I'm curious about the origin of RHD SX4 sold in GB....

·
Super Moderator
15,402 Posts
I'm aware of other brands of used JDM vehicles showing up in the UK, so I see no reason to think that it's not happening with the SX4 as well, but, what does that have to do with an SX4 in Tanzania?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to the forum

At this point you know two things, first - the a/c condenser fan IS working, because it runs when the a/c is on, and second - the radiator fan IS working, because it turns on & off, when the car is idling - so you know, both fans are working.

Find someone who has a reader that can read the HVAC system codes, find out what the BCM (body control module) is reporting as incorrect.

One of my co-workers has a vehicle similar to yours, when she comes in I'll take a look see if both of her fans run with the a/c on and let you know, but I doubt that that is your problem...
Thank you.
My A/c works fine I'd say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK Write that down with all details about car (AWD? trim ? transmission ? engine type ? Right Hand Drive or LHD? ) and location in your profile and signature so we know in each of your posts. BUt...is your A/C working or not ?...
What trim is your SX4? higher trim has automatic climate control, while mid and lower trim have manual climate control. JDM is an importer...but from what souce...SUzuki are built in Japan, Hungary, India.....
Suzuki sx4, release year 2007, engine type - J20A 2000cc, front wheel drive, automatic transmission.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts