Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Hello from the east coast of Canada! Our family loves our little Baleno!! Over 300,000 kms and still looking sharp! I even put it on our Xmas card this year!

C1B1A3DF-A771-48CC-B118-7F4AA735BB3A.jpeg

Very glad to have found this forum! We only got this car in November, but we’re hoping to keep it happy and healthy for a long time to come! As of now, it’s only issues are no trailer hitch and a serious lack of 5 speed (though the auto seems to work fine, so I probably won’t get into a deep dive transmission swap).

This is our second ‘zuki, as we already have a samurai in the family. Looking forward to making it even nicer as soon as the weather warms back up!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
don't tow with it. Simple. If you want to shorten its life considerably, fit a tow hitch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
don't tow with it. Simple. If you want to shorten its life considerably, fit a tow hitch.
Fair enough. I wasn’t looking to tow a camper or anything, but maybe instead I can just build some ramps to the roof rack, so I can park my mower up there for hauling! (I’m kidding! - thanks For the advice!)

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
I know its handy being able to tow with a car, but these aren't designed for it. Light weight trailer might be an option but is is worth it? If you do fit a hitch, get a supplemental transmission cooler fitted before the radiator heat exchanger.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I made the graphics kit for it myself - it just felt like it wanted to be a woody! I think it makes it look more like a Kei car. Since dressing up my Esteem I’ve been asked to make a set for a Crosstrek and have had a couple other inquiries. I may start offering kits online.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats a nice looking graphic, suits it. you print them yourself?
Thanks very much! I designed them, and had a local print shop I work with print them on “air float” vinyl for easy installation. I always wanted a woody wagon, now I’m just waiting for summer to strap surfboards on ‘er!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I had a guy tell me he had owned one just like it, the other day at the gas station. I’ve never seen another woody esteem in real life or online, and I made this one, so he’s either mistaken, or there were others before me...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts