Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new-to-me '96 Geo Tracker LSi 4 dr, 1.8 16V 4WD that my mechanic tells me has a cracked exhaust manifold. I have searched the forums for a specific answer to the following question but no joy: Will the manifold from a '96 Suzuki Sidekick with matching specs fit my Geo?

On a similar note, is there a site/page somewhere that lists the compatible components primarily drivetrain-related) between the Suzukis and the Geos?

TIA for any help!

Walt

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not sure where you are, but in the states, that vehicle would have a 1.6 16v, not a 1.8. Yes the Sidekick would have the same engine, except the Sport, which has the 1.8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct…it's a 1.6, not 1.8. Thanks for the catch.

·
Super Moderator
24,471 Posts
A Geo is just a rebadged Suzuki. If you stick with the same year, and same number of doors, (and trannies, depending on what you want) for the most part things can be straight swapped over. If you have found a comparable 1996 Suzuki 16v, the manifold will work - but check it carefully - most 'junkyard' finds are cracked, as well. Suzuki apparently still sells the 16v exhaust manifold - very expensive - and most people go for aftermarket headers, instead - however you need to be careful about alignment, sensor fittings, etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

Thanks Kodiak and Bex. I ordered the manifold today based upon your advice. Great forum...I'll probably be a regular as I bring my Tracker up to snuff.

Walt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts