Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...I am a new kizashi owner but this is my 4th Suzuki. Started with a 96 SideKick JLX, then to a 01 GV Limited and on to a 08 GV Luxury (not a fun experience with that truck) and now I have the 2011 SLS AWD in Volcano Red.

Love the car so far and as some may know or feel that it is under powered but have been using the paddle shifters and can really make that car go if you use them right!

Well have only owned it for 1 day so far but noticed that my iTouch does not sync up with the Navi system in the car. Was looking at some other posts and it appears there is some additional hardware that is needed in order to make the iTouch/iPhone work with this car.

Has anyone had any such luck with this and getting the device to work or do I really have to buy the extra hardware to make it work?

Also, did you car come with 1 or 2 key fobs and did you get a hard copy owners manual?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Two fobs, and hard manual

Got those with our new one. Don't have NAV, so cannot comment specifically, but can state that with the regular tuner Rockford Fosgate system I was not able to separately BT sync an IPhone except for the phone capability (i.e., the audio). BT phone sync on that works fine. Since there are many duplicate ways of entering music into the system (e.g., direct connect through cord and using memory sticks) I have not followed up on this as the need for it was rather academic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WEll I found out form the dealer that once I finish up the rest of the paperwork on the car I will get my other key and they owners manual will be provided to me at that time as well since it should be in the car.

I also ordered from clearmask.com the bumper, hood, headlight (free), a-pillar and rear splack 3M clear mask for 280 and they threw in a free install kit and some door trim.

I heard how the paint likes to chip on this car so I am going to put the Car Condom on ASAP!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts