Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just new here and wanted to get some thoughts from anyone willing to contribute.

Im looking at downsize from a Jeep Grand Cherokee to a brand new jimny sierra and I was hoping you could all give me some advise.

I am pretty sure it does things like offroad trips without to much drama. Just trips up the beach and the rare soft 4x4 tracks. But hey. Any info here would be super too.

The things that I am more interested in how it is as a daily driver. I spend on average between 2 and 3 hours in my car each day travelling to work and back. Part stop start Brisbane traffic and part highway. Any info on ave fuel usage (Website says 7.something but who knows how true that really is)So any info you can pass on about how daily life is with it would be awesome.

Has anybody had any dramas with the new ones. Anything that I should look out for. Even a decent (cough) salesman to see for the car.

Thanks heaps
Dwayne

·
Registered
212 Posts
Know something about Grand Cherokee nothing about Jimny.
The long commute will be less luxurious but much less expensive.
Off road you will find the surprizes you are asking about. You will find a nimble little 4X4 capable of most tracks.
There should be many more miles in the tank.
The shorter and narrower stance will prove itself when you are out with the same fellas you went off road with in the Jeep.
Try it you will like it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm jealous of you being able to get a modern Jimny. I love my Sami, but if I had the choice, I'd want a new Jimny.

For me, I really enjoy having a very narrow vehicle on the trails. I've been pleasantly surprised at how capable my stock Samurai(even stock size tires) is off-road, and I'd imagine the Jimny is just as capable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I have a 2008 Jimny since new, just done 30,000km plus about 10,000 flat towing behind my motorhome. I run it on 95 octane and have averaged 8-8.5L/100km. Fuel consumption is quite variable depending on load and how heavy footed you are, but definitely nowhere as economical as the manufacturer claims.

BTW, my first post on this forum, I used to be on the Samurai forum. I have had Zuks in New Zealand for well over 15 years. First an LJ50 which I repowered with a Datsun 1200 engine, then a 1990 Samurai for 12 years and which I really loved, now the Jimny.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts