Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day everyone!

A new joiner from Bahrain (all the way from the Middle East)!

I found a 2015 Suzuki Jimny AT (still new, done 2,000 KM only) and ill be finishing all the paperwork within this week, been researching about different stuff in the Jimny but I still cant find good answers for couple of stuff. Id appreciate it if you guys can help!

A) Lift kit, suspensions, tires, etc.. (LHD)

Q1. The car will be running on roads 90% of the time, which suspension kit is more comfortable for road use? And will it make a difference in drive quality, avoiding rolls and carrying heavy stuff? (Not very heavy) Im thinking to go with the AVO shocks without springs.

Q2. Thinking of changing the tires to sand tires, AVO shocks and no lift. Any other important parts that you guys recommend?

B) Steering wheel

Q3. Is it necessary to install a steering damper if I chose chose a softer shock absorbers and sand tires? I saw tough dog return to center steering damper, trail master and pro comp.. any thoughts? (Please note the jimny is 2015 model)

C) Engine Power

Q4. I dont want a major change or a hassle in increasing the HP, but though of getting a good intake which should give me an extra power. Any recommendations? Or any other ideas?

D) Internal Modifications

Q5. Thinking of ordering a screen made for the Jimny and it comes with GPS and rear view cam,any good screens and sound speakers?

Q6. Sounds silly but I HATE driving a car without an arm rest lol! Found a couple on ebay, anyone here installed one?

E) External Modifications

Q7. Front LED lights + Xenon, LED fog lights and LED tail lights (couldnt find any rear LED bumper lights though), do you think theyll work with no issues or do I need to upgrade other electrical components?

These are my questions for now :) please feel free to give me your recommendation and thoughts.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If you want a lift with a better ride then consider the Trailmaster comfort lift or OME.
For better stability then offset rims are the best mod, 7" rims are widely available. A 215/75 tyre is about as big as you would want to go with stock gearing.
You shouldn't need a steering damper.
There aren't many engine mods available, for more power the most common mod is an M16AA 1.6 engine from a Swift or Grand Vitara. A good snorkel like the Safari will help get some cold air into the engine and you can fit a pre-cleaner for desert work. Keeping sand out of the airbox will prevent losing power from a blocked filter.
I have a cheap Chinese head unit with integrated GPS, Bluetooth and reversing camera etc. , I think its very good value for money and I now find vehicles without them somewhat lacking. Mine is an Android unit so there are plenty of apps available for it, the Jimny specific units tend to be Windows CE which is more limited but if it does everything that you need then no problem.
I've never had an armrest in mine.
I haven't fitted LEDs to mine either.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want a lift with a better ride then consider the Trailmaster comfort lift or OME.
For better stability then offset rims are the best mod, 7" rims are widely available. A 215/75 tyre is about as big as you would want to go with stock gearing.
You shouldn't need a steering damper.
There aren't many engine mods available, for more power the most common mod is an M16AA 1.6 engine from a Swift or Grand Vitara. A good snorkel like the Safari will help get some cold air into the engine and you can fit a pre-cleaner for desert work. Keeping sand out of the airbox will prevent losing power from a blocked filter.
I have a cheap Chinese head unit with integrated GPS, Bluetooth and reversing camera etc. , I think its very good value for money and I now find vehicles without them somewhat lacking. Mine is an Android unit so there are plenty of apps available for it, the Jimny specific units tend to be Windows CE which is more limited but if it does everything that you need then no problem.
I've never had an armrest in mine.
I haven't fitted LEDs to mine either.
Thank you for your reply!

I see some people going with the 205s instead of the 215s .. what do you think?

Naughty dog lift kit is expensove and definitely the best option to go with .. trying to convince myself that the price is justified

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
If you don't need a bigger tyre then a 205 is good - the gearing will be better and the fuel economy and performance won't suffer.
I'm not familiar with the naughty dog lift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts