Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
40 Posts
The corrosion plating is standard here in Iceland, all car dealers sell the cars with it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine's production spring 2019 and the rear shocks seem to have the same view as per photo but the bottom part tube of the absorber i see is arround 4cm diameter and not 2,5 which stated.
Seem to be the upgraded ones?

I haven't yet used car fully laded yet but i notice some clunks/and intense car's shaking even only driver or 3-4 persons..
Actually is a lot lightweight so part of expecting a little due to this?

Thanks
Ours is a late 18 (registered) and it's back in the dealers tomorrow. Clonk on left cornering from the nearside rear as the suspension lifts.
Dealer played dumb until I said it got worse after having a passenger in the back. I don't like the flex in the half shaft, disconcerting to see a drum moving and the back plate not.
I too seem to have the upgraded shocks.
Either the wheel bearings are moving in the housing or possible a bush moving as not pinched tight enough. Going to ask dealer to be in on the inspection when they do it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ours is a late 18 (registered) and it's back in the dealers tomorrow. Clonk on left cornering from the nearside rear as the suspension lifts.
Dealer played dumb until I said it got worse after having a passenger in the back. I don't like the flex in the half shaft, disconcerting to see a drum moving and the back plate not.
Either the wheel bearings are moving in the housing or possible a bush moving as not pinched tight enough. Going to ask dealer to be in on the inspection when they do it.
If the drum is moving relative to the backplate, it’s hardly surprising you’re having problems with rear brake adjustment! Potentially dangerous to drive a car in this condition and l‘m surprised at a dealer not taking immediate action.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the drum is moving relative to the backplate, it’s hardly surprising you’re having problems with rear brake adjustment! Potentially dangerous to drive a car in this condition and l‘m surprised at a dealer not taking immediate action.
Your right, on the service report they said they had tested a new vehicle to see and the new vehicle was the same so it's the way they are.
I have never noticed a drum moving in a back plate unless wheel bearings have failed, and you can notice that on the brakes because the pedal go a bit spongy.
Where as the suspension upgrade isn't a safety issue but a comfort one this flex in the hub or half shaft may well be.
Think it's time for an email to Suzuki once the suspension has been done.
Gently shaking the car at the wheel shouldn't produce this problem.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis SZ5 AllGrip,Golf GTD
5 Posts
Hi People,
Ive been reading through with interest the problems with the suspension on the (MF) Ignis, and I too have issues with bottoming out etc (2018 Allgrip). I have looked at the part numbers today from my front struts and rear dampers - they don't seem to match up with any that have already been mentioned :unsure:

Fronts are:- 41601-62RD0 (offside) 41602-62RD0 (nearside) Rear shocks are both 41810-62RD0
bottom dia' of rear dampers is 32mm. - Any idea where these fit in the puzzle??

I took a lovely picture of the bump stop, and the impression its left. I'm waiting for my local Suzuki Service Manager to contact me. Lets see what he says.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The correct rear shock absorbers should be around 38mm diameter on the cylindrical body. I’m not sure I understand the 32mm diameter - is this at the cylindrical section? if correct, it’s more akin to the original rather than the updated units. The letters DO are stamped on the shock absorbers in addition to the Suzuki part number. This may be causing confusion. As you point out, the suspension is going full travel and bottoming out at times.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis SZ5 AllGrip,Golf GTD
5 Posts
The correct rear shock absorbers should be around 38mm diameter on the cylindrical body. I’m not sure I understand the 32mm diameter - is this at the cylindrical section? if correct, it’s more akin to the original rather than the updated units. The letters DO are stamped on the shock absorbers in addition to the Suzuki part number. This may be causing confusion. As you point out, the suspension is going full travel and bottoming out at times.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Certainly a puzzle! There are at least a couple of photos on this forum of rear shock absorbers fitted to 2018 Allgrips which clearly show the part number as 41810-62R60 which are around 38mm diameter. These are the units retrofitted to other early Ignis models. 41810-62RD0 is listed for the Allgrip but for 2016>. I suspect that 41810-62RDO were smaller diameter units fitted to Allgrips only, pre upgrade and in 2018 the Ignis was upgraded to to 41810-62R60. Infact the Autocar article on the Ignis suspension issue in February 2018 states:
"The upgrades have been applied to series-production Allgrip four-wheel drive models since the end of 2017 and are available as a retrofit for owners of older models."

I don't know the date of registration of your Ignis but it's not unusual for the manufacturing date to be several months earlier so it's quite conceivable for a car registered well into 2018 to have the pre upgrade suspension. If this is the case, then it's understandable that the suspension is bottoming out. Hopefully you can resolve the issue quickly with the dealer and get the work done within the warranty period. The upgrade (4 shock absorbers + bump stops) is around £800 retail!

81 - 91 of 91 Posts