Suzuki Forums banner

61 - 80 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have had it done and it still needs really testing out but I can say some of the noisy surfaces that I encounter like railway lines have become almost unnoticeable.
On the other hand the Vitara I was loaned was not nice at all and road noise wise reminded me of my Celerio which was a disaster. Apart from the power it had nothing appealed. Seats not as comfy as Agnes, road noise level high, fuel consumption poor - I almost watched the fuel gauge needle dropping - so it is not one I'd want which is a shame as I loved my earlier version ones.

·
Registered
56 Posts
hi
I have had it done and it still needs really testing out but I can say some of the noisy surfaces that I encounter like railway lines have become almost unnoticeable.
On the other hand the Vitara I was loaned was not nice at all and road noise wise reminded me of my Celerio which was a disaster. Apart from the power it had nothing appealed. Seats not as comfy as Agnes, road noise level high, fuel consumption poor - I almost watched the fuel gauge needle dropping - so it is not one I'd want which is a shame as I loved my earlier version ones.
how did you get your dealer to do it? did you say you knew there was a recall or just complain?

·
Banned
507 Posts
I mentioned it and gave a link to an Autocar article on here about it. I also spoke to Suzuki UK who were useless and borderline aggressive about it!

But my dealer checked it out and agreed to do it; they’d not even heard of the issue until then.

What seems to work is giving examples of the unacceptable ride rather than demanding a warranty recall (which it should be but isn’t).

·
Registered
535 Posts
hi

how did you get your dealer to do it? did you say you knew there was a recall or just complain?
I did my talking on the phone and they were aware of the problem as they were the auto clutch judder. They then had to get the parts from Suzuki and confirm the car was eligible (age and warranty etc.) but I had no trouble. I think it is best to tell them the clonking is a problem and that with passengers the ride is worse as there is no recall on this issue. Furthermore I made them aware of other cheaper places for things like services and got them to allow price matching. They must love me but I paid enough for this car to want it right!!

·
Read Only
329 Posts
Not listed as yet - certainly not in Europe. Non- consumables don't usually appear until 3 -5 years after the introduction of a model. I haven't looked, but the Suzuki part numbers may well cross reference to another brand if the shock absorbers are in use on another Suzuki model - this wouldn't be unusual.

·
Registered
8 Posts
On my 2wd mild hybrid I reckon the handling is compromised mainly by the shocks, plus of course the fact that the height to width and length ratio are somewhat less than optimal. The low speed shock compression damping is too light which encourages body roll in the corners, while the initial high speed compression damping is too aggressive. Notwithstanding this the car handles pretty well given that I'm not too phased by body roll, but if I find a series of bumps mid corner things can get a bit messy. I am sure that if a set of well damped struts and rear shocks were available the Ignis would be transformed into a very good handling car indeed. Replacing the OEM low rolling resistance tyres with "normal" and wider tyres has produced a very worthwhile improvement in handling.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
You got the uprated shocks on the back? Or the factory small ones?

·
Banned
507 Posts
I’m happy with the handling; sure it’s not the last word in comfort but that’s because it’s a light weight system; this is a very light car. And you can’t beat lightness for improving handling. Ask Lotus.

We’ve had all sorts of quick cars with way more power but what it lacks in oomph it makes up for with a light footed, nimble chassis. I can definitely make very good progress in ours thanks to that agility.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had new shock absorbers fitted today. My car was an allgrip 2019 so I should of been fitted with the new shock absorber anyway. Complained to my dealer who with no quibble said they would swap them as there is a Bullin regarding the problem.

The new ones they have fitted look identical to eg ones they have taken off , see what you think. Ride does seem stiffer though.
First image original, second image new

·
Read Only
329 Posts
Yes very bizarre. It would appear that the shock absorbers are a like for like replacement. Might be worth checking the part number stamped near the base of the unit - it's conceivable that theres maybe yet another upgrade. The upgrade fitted to date and the shock absorbers fitted to cars 2018 onwards is part number 41810-62R60 - you can just make out from the photo that your original shock absorbers are this part number.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi does this affect all Ignis models I have just purchased a 2018 adventure. I do notice some crashing over rough roads and feel that the suspension can be a little soft even with just myself in the car. I have emailed the Suzuki dealer I purchased the car from to find out not sure if I will get a response.

·
Read Only
329 Posts
Hi does this affect all Ignis models I have just purchased a 2018 adventure. I do notice some crashing over rough roads and feel that the suspension can be a little soft even with just myself in the car. I have emailed the Suzuki dealer I purchased the car from to find out not sure if I will get a response.
It depends on when in 2018 your car was registered. I’ve seen cars as late as mid 2018 with the earlier suspension. It’s easy to check which suspension you have by looking at the rear shock absorbers - the originals were around an inch diameter - the upgraded ones around 1.5 inches.

·
Read Only
329 Posts
Just noticed in the photo above that there is a large bump stop within the rear spring. This should help prevent the suspension from bottoming out. I’m not sure if this extra bumpstop is specific to the 4x4 version or standard on later 2wd models equipped from the factory with the upgraded suspension. Earlier 2wd cars certainly didn’t have this extra bumpsop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just dropped mine in,

Been told it's four new bump stops, new rear shocks and new front struts. I'd read elsewhere on the forum that suzuki were only doing just the rear shocks, but I seem to be getting it all done?

Might be some variance in model years and allgrip/non allgrip that decides it?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Just dropped mine in,

Been told it's four new bump stops, new rear shocks and new front struts. I'd read elsewhere on the forum that suzuki were only doing just the rear shocks, but I seem to be getting it all done?

Might be some variance in model years and allgrip/non allgrip that decides it?
Mine was all done though I never checked bump stops.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks like upgraded but measure it's diameter. There's loads of references on this forum to the dimensions and part numbers of original and upgraded, it's around 28mm diameter for the original and 38mm for the upgraded ones.

61 - 80 of 91 Posts