Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just agreed to buy a 2017 SZ-T (Orange) which I collect next week.

I've been enjoying driving a Panda 1.2 recently but wanted a little more ground clearance and a bit more power too. I looked at the Panda 4x4 but also liked the look of the Ignis, so that was that. I'll be putting Falken winter tyres on (same as I have on the Panda) which give very good cold/wet handling without going the full Allgrip route. Even in the north of the UK heavy snow isn't very common but we do get plenty of rain. Quite happy with that compromise.

The only other change that I'm planning on is a centre arm rest. Looks like the aftermarket one that I bought for the Panda might fit but, otherwise, I'll just have to search around.

So far I've only had a 20 min test drive but it felt good. Hoping that it proves to be as much fun as the Panda.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Welcome to this forum

Search for a recent armrest installation.

Lots of info on tyres too - it's an odd size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just had a look at the aliexpress armrests and they look ok, although I prefer something fixed with screws. Still, might be good enough and only around £20. Bought from them before without any problems.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Like any opinion it is highly subjective, my wife had a Panda (Twin Air) and now has a 2018 SZ-T Ignis, for me there is no comparison, the Ignis is huge fun and I just plain did not like the Panda.

Geoff.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think you will find the ignis run in progressive I.e not revved above 2500/3000 rpm first 1500 miles // up to 4000 miles 3500 rpm // up to 5000 miles 4000rpm etc and of course not allowed to slog in too high a gear driving slow will pay benefits! I noticed as 2 other ignis drivers spoke to that after 5000 miles if run in progressive the car markedly improves in performance! Synthetic oils the wear rate and bedding in rate often takes around 5000 miles on newer engines ! Be interesting if such a car progressive bedded in was road tested and its performance figures compared with less mileage engine often tested by road testers ? I know even years back the Laverda Jota ( 3 cylinder bike) would often gain over 7bhp at 5000 miles running on progressive run in system vs 1-3 bhp if not progressive run in on dyno testing !

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Khris, but I've actually bought a 2017 model with 14k miles. However, it drove very well and the engine really impressed me. Nice bonus of £20 road tax as it was registered before April 2017.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yes mine is 2017 ZT bought new but still only done under 6k mileage it has extras I.e the white surrounds on grill / lamps / white stripes etc . Similar to ignis adventurer except the rear spoiler I am tempted to fit it but dont fancy drilling holes on such pristine car to fit it ! Only thing I regret I bought the spare wheel kit / mats etc and it was adding up , and I didn't have the lacquer on it as extra ! The paint is very soft and touched it up several times just from gravel and drive it with respect, it's my pride and joy but not impressed by the paint durability ? Its neon blue! They look gorgeous but paint is a minus for me because of its poor resistance to chip at slightest thing my old 2005 mitsubushi space star never suffers from ! Xx

·
Registered
517 Posts
The only other change that I'm planning on is a centre arm rest.
I think you did right to prefer the Ignis. I wish mine was allgrip as I am a firm believer in 4x4 but as it is a secondary motor I am not too bothered plus automatic in this case outweighed my preference for 4x4.
Did you see the centre armrest I fitted, there are pics here somewhere. No need to drill etc. as it slots in to the cup holder.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I saw yours and thought that it was a great option, and cheap!

If the one from the Panda doesn't fit I'll get one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Drove the Ignis home today. Really pleased with it.

Couple of issues with the Satnav. Firstly, it requires a new GPS unit which is on back order and will be fitted by the dealer in due course.

Secondly, the Pioneer unit has been set up for for I Phone use (USB Port 1), rather than Android (Port 2), so I can currently see the Android Auto app, but can't connect to it. I'm hoping that this is simply a case of removing the unit and swapping the cable to the correct port on the rear, but possibly a new cable will be required. I've advised the dealer of the situation and mentioned that Pioneer provide two cables with the unit so they might have a few lying around. In the meantime, I just run AA on my phone without any mirroring.

Apart from that, great!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Looking cool.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Our friend came over in her orange SZ-T earlier; definitely a good colour.
She’s now with my wife on her way to London in our SZ-5 Allgrip; horrible driving conditions but it’s coping well again.

·
Registered
517 Posts
[QUOTE="Kernowlad, post: 1547525, member: 249137" horrible driving conditions but it’s coping well again.
[/QUOTE]
We need the splash pan.............................for 30 quid.

Reactions: Kernowlad

·
Registered
83 Posts
[/QUOTE]
We need the splash pan.............................for 30 quid.
[/QUOTE]

I'm still working on it !

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think you will find the ignis run in progressive I.e not revved above 2500/3000 rpm first 1500 miles // up to 4000 miles 3500 rpm // up to 5000 miles 4000rpm etc and of course not allowed to slog in too high a gear driving slow will pay benefits! I noticed as 2 other ignis drivers spoke to that after 5000 miles if run in progressive the car markedly improves in performance! Synthetic oils the wear rate and bedding in rate often takes around 5000 miles on newer engines ! Be interesting if such a car progressive bedded in was road tested and its performance figures compared with less mileage engine often tested by road testers ? I know even years back the Laverda Jota ( 3 cylinder bike) would often gain over 7bhp at 5000 miles running on progressive run in system vs 1-3 bhp if not progressive run in on dyno testing !
Just a quick thought on this, bought the wifes Ignis with just under 1k miles (ex-demo) and have driven it quite hard from the off. Noticed an improvement having passed 5,000 miles. I have noticed this with other cars and bikes on more than one occasion. I may well be incorrect but I believe some subtle remapping takes place at about this point and is actually a software feature of modern systems.

Geoff.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Advice given to me was not to be too concerned about running in but not to labour the engine (which is good advice no matter what the age) but with and AGS auto the "brain" does not think like a human and many times I found the Celerio in particular would labour.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts