Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently upgraded to a 67 plate allgrip ignis (yet to name her) after dealing with a ford fiesta with more issues than are worth detailing. What a little stonker she is, plenty of oomph in the lower gears and perfectly happy to sit at 70mph on the motorway. What modifications/accessories did you look at putting into your cars? My car came with some of the black plastic body moulding and a body colour (red) rear spoiler fitted. I'm currently looking at an armrest which have been discussed in various places on this forum already but also a boot compartment providing some hidden storage, as well as a flat load area making hauling much more convenient.

I found a boot compartment while watching a video about all the accessory install (
) however it's completely in German, but has a purchase link in the description. Has anyone on this forum purchased one of these and can review the overall quality? making a custom one could make a nice DIY project for the summer as well.

Also in the same video there are clearly heated seat buttons at the 72 second mark , the same buttons are blanked out in my Ignis, but does this mean there's a chance for a factory quality heated seat system?

keen to hear how you've all made your car your own.

·
Registered
469 Posts
A boot liner; that’s it.
I might stick a bash protection plate under the front at some stage; it gets quite bashed on Coastguard shouts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've recently upgraded to a 67 plate allgrip ignis (yet to name her) after dealing with a ford fiesta with more issues than are worth detailing. What a little stonker she is, plenty of oomph in the lower gears and perfectly happy to sit at 70mph on the motorway. What modifications/accessories did you look at putting into your cars? My car came with some of the black plastic body moulding and a body colour (red) rear spoiler fitted. I'm currently looking at an armrest which have been discussed in various places on this forum already but also a boot compartment providing some hidden storage, as well as a flat load area making hauling much more convenient.

I found a boot compartment while watching a video about all the accessory install (
) however it's completely in German, but has a purchase link in the description. Has anyone on this forum purchased one of these and can review the overall quality? making a custom one could make a nice DIY project for the summer as well.

Also in the same video there are clearly heated seat buttons at the 72 second mark , the same buttons are blanked out in my Ignis, but does this mean there's a chance for a factory quality heated seat system?

keen to hear how you've all made your car your own.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello mate,

I have a 2018 Ignis Allgrip SZ5, like you I love it. Always makes me smile.

I have heated seats, you are correct the blanking plates in the centre console are where the switches go , I added the genuine spoiler and wind deflectors,
I have the arm rest and rear usb kit not fitted yet.

Also got the sump guard but not had a chance to fit that. only other addition is going to be heated mirrors which is the one thing that I miss.

Kev

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to this forum.

I have - wait for it - orange valve caps!

I also have three sets of mats - black, orange, and rubber, and a boot tray.

I have a rechargeable motion sensitive boot light - which because it's magnetic and removable could also be an underbonnet light if needed (not so far)

Nextbase 312 dashcam.

Cupholder mobile phone holder

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hang on I almost forgot; some non slip matting in the front cup holder area.
Thats proper modding!

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Hang on I almost forgot; some non slip matting in the front cup holder area.
Thats proper modding!
no, that just means you need a bigger coffee cup, not a kiddies sized one hehehe

·
Registered
290 Posts
Not really an accessory but spent around £100 for a space saver spare wheel. About the same cost as one puncture if the sealant canister is used - tyre outfits won't repair tyres when sealant has been used.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rear spoiler, side protection rubber strips on doors, neat wee rubber mats that fit in the bottom of all the trays, door pockets etc (from Aliexpress), centre arm rest (from Aliexpress), hard rubber mud flaps (deflectors?), bonnet bug catcher, boot lip scuff plates, and best of all...a genuine Suzuki dash mat. So good to cut down on reflections from dash to windscreen, and keeps hot sun off the dash top too.
Oh yes, also fitted sound proofing foam (stick-on stuff...from Aliexpress) through entire boot area and up to the rear door opening.
Wow, just that wee bit of foam makes the car such a more pleasant drive.
Plus fitted 2 chrome strips across that rear panel (it's all black and looks better with the chrome strips across).
But...I don't have those valve caps (arrrggghhhh...must get valve caps!).

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have a similar flat panel on my Pajero but I made it. When the seats are down it lies level and makes a really large carry area with storage underneath and frankly the rear seats are never up!.
My Ignis has temp gauge, volt gauge, analogue clock, dashcam, speed gadget, side impact bars, full size spare wheel, centre armrest, leather wheel glove, hydraulic jack, solar charger, larger footrest (it is an automatic), factory fitted alarm system, sound deadening, seat covers, floor mats, trunk mat plus silly little things like holders on the seat backs.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Reactions: Grey Kiwi

·
Registered
469 Posts
I forgot; we have a pair of Halfords waterproof seat covers for post surf drives home! Used one yesterday after a fun surf nearby.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello mate,

I have a 2018 Ignis Allgrip SZ5, like you I love it. Always makes me smile.

I have heated seats, you are correct the blanking plates in the centre console are where the switches go , I added the genuine spoiler and wind deflectors,
I have the arm rest and rear usb kit not fitted yet.

Also got the sump guard but not had a chance to fit that. only other addition is going to be heated mirrors which is the one thing that I miss.

Kev
how did you get the heated seats? my dealer does offer installing heated seats on some cars but the impression i got was that they were very aftermarket.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to this forum.

I have - wait for it - orange valve caps!

I also have three sets of mats - black, orange, and rubber, and a boot tray.

I have a rechargeable motion sensitive boot light - which because it's magnetic and removable could also be an underbonnet light if needed (not so far)

Nextbase 312 dashcam.

Cupholder mobile phone holder
How did you find fitting a dash cam, because of the emergency brake cameras I find there's not much room to hide mine behind the mirror

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hiya,

All the parts are genuine Suzuki, I have a really good relationship with my dealer as I have restored a couple of old Suzuki’s and got all my parts from them. The heated seats were an option in some countries.

Cheers

Kev

·
Registered
484 Posts
How did you find fitting a dash cam, because of the emergency brake cameras I find there's not much room to hide mine behind the mirror
Well it's to the left of the mirror at the same level.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rear spoiler, side protection rubber strips on doors, neat wee rubber mats that fit in the bottom of all the trays, door pockets etc (from Aliexpress), centre arm rest (from Aliexpress), hard rubber mud flaps (deflectors?), bonnet bug catcher, boot lip scuff plates, and best of all...a genuine Suzuki dash mat. So good to cut down on reflections from dash to windscreen, and keeps hot sun off the dash top too.
Oh yes, also fitted sound proofing foam (stick-on stuff...from Aliexpress) through entire boot area and up to the rear door opening.
Wow, just that wee bit of foam makes the car such a more pleasant drive.
Plus fitted 2 chrome strips across that rear panel (it's all black and looks better with the chrome strips across).
But...I don't have those valve caps (arrrggghhhh...must get valve caps!).
Hi there! Just got an Ignis AWD for "my wife" ( we will see who drives it the most... ;-) )... your comment on the foam is very interesting! Can you share some more details (e.g. a link to the one you used - if allowed) and some pics? The insulation looked like the only thing I would like to improve a bit in this really cool car! And I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee!

Thx a million!
JP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi there! Just got an Ignis AWD for "my wife" ( we will see who drives it the most... ;-) )... your comment on the foam is very interesting! Can you share some more details (e.g. a link to the one you used - if allowed) and some pics? The insulation looked like the only thing I would like to improve a bit in this really cool car! And I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee!

Thx a million!
JP

Have a look through the forum for 'Road Noise Suppression' too.
That foam works well. I'm impressed by how easy it is to cut and fit, and the increased 'quietness'.
I didn't bother with doing inside the door panels as a) I got lazy, b) it was a hot Summers day, c) I got lazy, d) it really was very hot, e) my old worn out back was sore after doing the boot area, f) I got lazy.
If you took the time to do the door inners as well then you would have a very quiet wee car.
Try just the boot area and inner panel of hatch lid first. That might be all you want to do.
I would have done inside my door panels but after unclipping every clip and removing every wee screw I could see I still couldn't get that panel to come off. So I gave up before cracking/breaking something.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts