Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , i'm new to this site and need some help i am going to look at a 1987 Samurai sunday thats all stock the only thing that was bothering me was i was told that when you start it up it idles fast for a few mins even on a hot summers day then it will go down to around 600-700 rpms and is fine, does anybody know what is makeing this do this ? and what the fix is or is this something that is normal for the samurai ? think it has around 24,000 miles on it but not 100% sure . never had one of these rigs but always wanted one and think this could be a good rig to buy. any help you guys could give me before i look at it sun. would be great ! Thank you

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
samurai high idles untill it reaches operating temperature. On a hot day it shouldn't take as long, but it still will high idle when you first start it untill it gets up to temp. The mileage is probably 124K, the odometer turns back to zero at 100K. If you aren't familiar with the samurai take it to a mechanic for a quick diagnostic before you buy it. That way you know what kind of expenses and work you're looking at to maintain it or repair it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts