Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the vehicle few weeks ago good thing is the inside is like brand new also the engine has had the timing belts and all other high millage maintaince done. She runs great which I love but she has a little problem that ticks me abit

When she gets hot (normal operating temps) she idles at 1,400 RPMs while being at park (gear she is auto) and air conditioner off now when in gear or having the air on she drops back to 800-700 RPMs.

I have check all sensors and found one vacuum port (the one that is directly under the MAP sensor) to be block by a piece of rubber hose completely blocked off. So today I removed it experimenting and guess what, she couldn't even hold her own on idle I had to keep it accelerated in order to the engine to stay on. But while doing this she was make weird noises like if it was misfiring.

So I plugged it back like it was and she returned back to normal (high idling sadly) so looking at photos and videos off the XL7 engine bay I know this vacuum port goes some where but I just can't find it :( any help would be immensely appreciated

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
2.7 engine I assume.

Here are the Service Manuals. The 2.5 engine section within should show the hose in question. The two engines are essentially the same. Shout back if you need further assistance. :)

Hopefully the Idle Air Control valve is not the issue here.

If after finding and connecting that hose, you may have to disconnect the battery for a moment to reset the ECU, and let the system settle out with several drive cycles.

My Files

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.7 engine I assume.

Here are the Service Manuals. The 2.5 engine section within should show the hose in question. The two engines are essentially the same. Shout back if you need further assistance. :)

Hopefully the Idle Air Control valve is not the issue here.

If after finding and connecting that hose, you may have to disconnect the battery for a moment to reset the ECU, and let the system settle out with several drive cycles.

My Files
I eyed the whole thing over and while it says how to check it what it doesn't say is where the Manifold Absolute Pressure vacuum goes to cause I know it has one going to the brake and on the other side is the one in question.

But I do love the manuals you posted they will indeed help me with some things I have to check out. As to my vacuum problem I think my best bet would be to find someone with a v6 engine and check his out.

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Can you provide a pic of the actual location and hose location port? :huh:

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Read my edited #6 post first. ;)

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Possibly so. Or maybe for an accessory or when the engine is fitted in a right hand drive vehicle or another application like Calif Emissions needs, or???

I just went out to look at mine, and as I feared, it's buried under the interference that you removed. :( I can't get a clear view to confirm my "capped" suspicions, but I'm rather confident that it is.

Try the ECU reset and if still an issue, try pulling codes on a scan. ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly so. Or maybe for an accessory or when the engine is fitted in a right hand drive vehicle or another application like Calif Emissions needs, or???

I just went out to look at mine, and as I feared, it's buried under the interference that you removed. :( I can't get a clear view to confirm my "capped" suspicions, but I'm rather confident that it is.

Try the ECU reset and if still an issue, try pulling codes on a scan. ;)
Will do :)

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
May I sidle in, I too believe that is a test port..

From what you describe I get an inclination that the ECU is running O/L.

The 02 in PR should be OBDII compliant, run a live data scan and check the ECT (engine coolant Temp)...

You might also connect a vacuum gauge, should be 19-21hg", with a dead steady needle.

And, while you are at it, report the TPS %....

... Philip

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
May I sidle in, I too believe that is a test port..

From what you describe I get an inclination that the ECU is running O/L.

The 02 in PR should be OBDII compliant, run a live data scan and check the ECT (engine coolant Temp)...

You might also connect a vacuum gauge, should be 19-21hg", with a dead steady needle.

And, while you are at it, report the TPS %....

... Philip
Coolant temp is in green area changed the thermostat myself about 3 days ago and on live scan 3 days ago it was reading ok now you just gave a thought on the tps are those adjustable I know some slide a bit maybe it's not adjusted correctly I know the plug doesn't click in place it just slides in no click at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,691 Posts
See if you can get to the PCV valve, or at least the hose going to the intake, block the intake side of the connection and see if the revs come down - I had a very similar situation on my GV and it was a cracked PCV allowing airflow when it shouldn't.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
See if you can get to the PCV valve, or at least the hose going to the intake, block the intake side of the connection and see if the revs come down - I had a very similar situation on my GV and it was a cracked PCV allowing airflow when it shouldn't.
Just checked it and it's working clicking when you block it off turned on the engine with it off and then on no difference in RPMs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright new news so I bought my brake pads and decided to check check codes and this new one poped up p0401 egr it seems but I did pull out random sensors the other day while engine was on to check if any was faulty

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
Yeah, you might have triggered an EGR code. The thing is whether the code was "active" or in history. ;)

EGR's on the V-6 don't often give one problems. Check the Vac hoses and electrical plug to it at least.

They are terrible to work on, located on the back of the engine (red box) with an added tube to the exhaust side that is difficult to remove in total...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, you might have triggered an EGR code. The thing is whether the code was "active" or in history. ;)

EGR's on the V-6 don't often give one problems. Check the Vac hoses and electrical plug to it at least.

They are terrible to work on, located on the back of the engine with an added tube to the exhaust side that is difficult to remove...

I think it's because I pulled something last time I pulled codes was 5-6 days ago and it did not show up but either less I will check its connections once me and my bud start to work on the brakes

·
Super Moderator
18,413 Posts
I'd check the manual and test the IAC valve, for those idle issues. ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts