Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here and need more info on timing belt replacement.

Just got back earlier from suzuki service, was going there for engine check because the light is on, but it turned out my 2006 forenza needs lotsa maintenance and one of them is timing belt replacement. There are many items, but they go down on top 3. My car is on 72 K miles already. The guy told me that cost for the timing belt replacement will be about 600. My friend told me that the belt itself is cheap, I could get it online for about 40 bucks. Did some search and it seems the labor actually costs more than the belt. I'm not a mechanic person. Does $600 to replace timing belt sound about right for cost when it's done on authorized dealer service?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi Mae welcome to the forum! the timing belt change is very labor intensive. the belt needs to be changed every 60,000 miles or you risk damaging the motor. i looked in the manual and it looks like labor should be around 5-6 hours. i suggest changing the water pump, idler pulleys, as well as the tentioner pulley. the water pump because its in the same area and should be done at the first or second timing belt change and the idler pulleys because if not changed theyll probably start making a horrible noise if not changed. heres a link to the online service manual
Daewoo Service Manual
it might help you. the labor times are listed in it also. for some reason its done in hours and tenths?? any other questions just ask

1 - 2 of 2 Posts