Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay everybody. I'm new here and brand new to the world of Samurais's. I just traded a pretty nice car for 3 yep 3 1988 samurai's 2 soft tops one of them has a really rough body so it's going to be a parts car. And One HARD top. I am going to fix up the soft top for myself and my youngest daughter wants the hard top.
All this leads me to my first question.
The hard top transfer case is stuck. I already received the new bushing from low range off road because I read that they are bad about you going out. The problem I'm having is that I cannot get the 2 notches to line up so that i can put the shifter back in. I have tried a long screwdriver but they won't budge.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Been BUSY this weekend. Pulled the front end and transfer case from the doner car and installed in the hard top. Pulled the rear end from doner car and installed in the soft top. And pulled the motor and trans from doner car and stored away for future rebuild. Wow these things are easy to work on. I'm actually having a lot off fun so far. That about all I will get done for a couple of months. Having shoulder surgery in two weeks.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK so now im gathering parts to install a toyota carb. i have came up with everything except the toyota base gasket. anyone have a source?

last ditch i guess i can always make my own but i would rather just buy one.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts