Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

am planning to change my distributor from the current mitsubishi (hi-cap with a mechanical fuel pump attached to the housing) with a nippon denso (low-cap distributor but without a mechanical fuel pump built into the housing). i need to know if the helical gears match and if the length of the distributor arm is the same.

before i touch it, does anyone know if it's ok to use the top part of the nippon denso distributor only and use it on the housing with the mechanical fuel pump on it? this way i dont have to install en electric fuel pump assembly.

also, can anyone say which is better for our carry rides, a mechanical fuel pump or an electric one.

thanks for the info.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My pickups came with electric fuel pumps as standard issue. Not too sure about the distributors though. I have a spare distributor lying around if you want to check it out. It still has contact points and a condenser though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mang caloy but i have both types. i just dont want to touch it without a second opinion. but does using an electric fuel pump better than having a mechanical one? or is it the other way around?

·
Registered
78 Posts
I usually use stock pumps for generally stock engines. Unless you've significantly changed your carbs or injectors, I don't see the need for changing your fuel pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts