Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new here and this is my first post. I searched the internet as much as I can but still wondering what my problem could be so I ended up here. About two months ago, I got a 1999 Suzuki super carry , the previous owner told me that he had installed a new clutch and after a while it started to make a grinding noise.The clutch pedal was very easy to push as well but to put the third gear I felt it not that smooth you can hear it entering ,don't know if you understands me. My mechanic told me that it could the the release bearing which is making the grinding noise .After two to three weeks the noise went but I still wanted to see what it was ,so we ended up by removing the gearbox and the clutch and we found that everything was installed fine except the bearing beside the flywheel and the four springs on the clutch were a bit loose.We put a new clutch so we be sure that it will be ok and put everything back. The clutch pedal got lot better as it should be. Now two weeks from the new clutch I started hearing another noise , when I start the engine and press the clutch and than I put in the gears ,it's like a bearing sound which is continuously turning.If I press the cluthc the noise will go Is this normal?

Other thing I like to ask is as when I was searching I did found out that this type of van they were recalled

Recall History of Suzuki Carry (1998 - 2006):
Date Model Recall
23 Nov 2001 Built; 01/01/1999 - 28/02/2000 On some vehicles, there is a possibility that the inner cable of the gearshift control cable may have been deformed through improper installation on the production line. In use, the deformed cable may break due to over-stressing. This would result in the drivers' inability to select the gears.

How will I be able to know if mine was fixed?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've seen one post from a different forum there is one particular bearing aside from the release bearing. That carry had the same issue with yours making some weird grounding noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts