Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ,
I am a proud owner of a jimny 2007.
I recently bought a new car multimedia system with a reverse camera, the multimedia system has a reverse in wire which triggers the system to go into camera mode, does anyone know where is the wire in my car that does that kind of triggering.

ty Amero :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
simplest method...put your car in reverse...walk to the back of the car and see which light is on, open light cover and attach your reverse signal wire to the + side of the lamp..(if positively triggered)...if you dont know which is + try one at a time with your screen on and see which triggers it..make a connection..remember it is only a TRIGGER wire..ie it only has to sense the signal from reverse not carry current to the lights

·
Registered
2 Posts
i did it with my ipod. im sure if you seach for car audio accessories and include the mp3 player name in with it. you will find somethin. its not going to be cheap though good luck and happy listening. u will be so happy when u can listen to it in your car. im excited for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
simplest method...put your car in reverse...walk to the back of the car and see which light is on, open light cover and attach your reverse signal wire to the + side of the lamp..(if positively triggered)...if you dont know which is + try one at a time with your screen on and see which triggers it..make a connection..remember it is only a TRIGGER wire..ie it only has to sense the signal from reverse not carry current to the lights
u mean the backlight cover and connect to the +12v of the reverse light ?
or is it the gear box?

ty amero

·
Registered
6 Posts
u mean the backlight cover and connect to the +12v of the reverse light ?
or is it the gear box?

ty amero

ide personally do the reverse light unless you know for sure there is a 12 signal on the gearbox, i dont know these cars but i know if you take the trigger off the reverse light it will work...other options include adding a switch that you press when you want reverse camera to +12v or implementing a magnet switch set under the gearboot that becomes normally closed when in reverse...simple way go reverse light and spend$1.50 getting a nice long wire to them..if you have a wiring diagram you can go off the fuse and relay box

1 - 6 of 6 Posts