Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Spent all day bending tubing and welding yesterday to build this bumper with a good friend, i also added a couple d rings for pulling. I think it turned out well and its extremely solid.

·
Super Moderator
13,760 Posts
Nice work.

·
Super Moderator
24,471 Posts
That looks excellent!! I only hope that my welding skills get that good. Well done!

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Did you weld the split ends of the rings??

.... Philip

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very nice. That's a great looking bumper for a days work. Looks better than the ones I've seen for sale on the web.

Also, may I ask a question regarding your suspension, tires, & wheels? It looks like you have a Calmini system. If so, do you like it? If not, what brand? Second, what size tires & wheels are you running and do you remember your back spacing measurement? You look like you're set up how I want my Kick. I just need a little guidance. Thx & great work.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Nice bumper.

Interested in your frame mounting points....where did you tie in?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks guys, Porkins my tracker is setup with the calmini 3" kit which is a really nice kit and i also have a 2" low range offroad body lift, i did not want to go to 3" body lift as it gives you problems wit shifters and other stuff, i run a 31"x10.5r15 tire on wheels with 4" of backspace, i can't speak for durability on the calmini kit as i have only had it for less then a month but so far it's been great, the worst part was installing it since everything from factory that ran in rubber bushings was seized and needed to be cut.

As for the bumper everything is welded right to the frame and cannot be taken off and everything was then reinforced with metal plating, the whole frame will rip right off the body before the bumper comes off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'm running a 29x8.50x15 now but really want to run the same size as you. Now I have some good info to work with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts