Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt a 94 1.3L in a Samy. When I bought it had a spun rod bearing. It fired up and ran just fine (other than a loud knock) for a couple years when I started from time to time to move it around. I finally got around to starting in on it and by that time the fuel had went to pot so first thing was to clean the tank and install new fuel pump/ filter. We tore it down and tried to get by with just fixing the crank. Threw new rings at it while we had it apart I figured at 94k I could get by with that. No dice. Have since tore it down again and had the block done 30over and new piston/rings and had the head redone. Everything is pretty much new now. It has spark, is in time, and has fuel. The compression is still only 50-60lbs and we just can’t seem to get it to fire. Anybody have any tricks for getting it to make enough compression to fire and get the rings to seat. We have tried dousing 10-40 in the cylinders but so far no dice. Maybe try STP or something thicker in the cylinders? Unless there is something electrical some fuse, relay etc I’m over looking I can’t see why she wouldn’t fire. Any ideas or know of anyone who’s is a guru with these things in the Spokane area??

·
Registered
150 Posts
First thing I'd try is to pull the front cover and recheck the timming belt. That low on compression sounds like the valves are already starting to open or not fully closed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like I said got spark and checked timing bolth manually (compression in proper firing order) and timing light. So the timing appears to be on the money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts