1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i'm a newbie.
Just bought my first Zuke Sidekick. I deliberately bought a 2wd as I want to
rod it a bit.
I know that Kelsey Hayes old Ford wire wheels are 5 x 5.5" bolt pattern.
My question is this: I am thinking of mounting wide whitewall bias ply tires up front and retro wide white cheater slicks in back. The Kick will be tastefully lowered to fit....
ANYBODY ever done this ????

HOWCO, Long Beach,Cali......;)

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,255 Posts
Carefull!.. The suzi wheels have a large centre hole....

.... Philip

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx AQUA20, the old Ford wire wheels have a huge center hole, shouldn't be a problem....

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
There were many lowered Track/Kicks over here, search for Vitara Wideboy and Vitara fatboy. There have only been a couple of custom Track/Kicks on the forums over the years. There was a guy (Hotrod) on Zukiworld.com that had one with flames down the side (nicer than it sounds!), I forget the name of the other guy (Gen-erix or something).

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
You are planning to have smaller tires on the front and larger, wider tires on the rear... correct?
As long as you do not try this with an active 4x4, it should work but I'd think it might be less stable.

I bought a 2 wheel drive parts car. It has smaller front tires and normal rear tires. it has quite a noticeable rake. It had been flipped on the driver's side by a teen-aged driver. I do not know it the "rake" had anything to do with it. I looked for pictures... I have some somewhere. I'll try and find and post later.

Also, I am not sure about bias ply. The handling characteristics of bias ply tires is completely different than radials. Even worse when mixed. I know the TracKick was designed for radials. Don't they make radials that mimic the look of bias ply?

I have seen lowered TracKicks, but not many with a raked look. (Other than my parts car.)

If you like it, it is your car, your money and your time...

Post pictures. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts