Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im goin to make one of those setups were i have lights under the dash and all the seats but wat should i use neon or led

im lookin for nothin but brightness

·
Registered
67 Posts
mikemike123321 said:
im goin to make one of those setups were i have lights under the dash and all the seats but wat should i use neon or led

I have LED's,neons are oldschool.There are advantages LED's have over neon,and conventional lighting.
1.They will last forever.
2.they will light up instantly,unlike neons and conventional bulbs where u have 2 wait for the filament 2 heat up and glow.
3.They take up alot less room,and can produce the same amount of light if not more.
4.They use less electric
5.they don't produce the heat that neons and bulbs do.
Hope this helps:D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Sad to say, its ileagal to have them in Virginia, so if you get caught with them on in your car or outside of your car whether it be LED or neon lights, you will get ticketed. Same for windows being too tinted or your car being too loud... Virginia has some stupid laws but anyway.

·
Registered
582 Posts
shdh123 said:
That sucks,you can have them here you just can't light em up while driving.
Well same here in Virginia, you can have them, but don't get caught with them on while driving. Actually, I dont even think you are even suppose to have them outside your car no how out here, whether it be on the bottom of your car, or on your lisence plate.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Well same here in Virginia, you can have them, but don't get caught with them on while driving. Actually, I dont even think you are even suppose to have them outside your car no how out here, whether it be on the bottom of your car, or on your lisence plate.
You can have them on the outside as long as they are not lit while driving.I actually was going to get under body led's and hook them to my alarm.Thought that would be cool,and attract attention to my ride if someone tried to break in.:)

·
Registered
582 Posts
shdh123 said:
You can have them on the outside as long as they are not lit while driving.I actually was going to get under body led's and hook them to my alarm.Thought that would be cool,and attract attention to my ride if someone tried to break in.:)
Um, no, not really, I should know, i live in VA, you are not really suppose to have them on the outside of you car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my fault i wasnt being more specific i meant for the inside of the under the seats and dash

i think im goin with the leds because i saw the one guy said the neon takes a while to light up and im going to set it up with the sound activated so i need superb response formt them

·
Registered
67 Posts
Melissa22 said:
Um, no, not really, I should know, i live in VA, you are not really suppose to have them on the outside of you car.
Sorry i meant here in Wa ,you can have them on the outide as long as you don't drive with them on.:)

·
Registered
18 Posts
ok...go with streetglow neons please...led's under the car is fine but led's in the car...especially if its a place where a neon can fit would be a million times nicer...trust me i've done both and led's under the dash dont look as good as neons. as far as taking a while to light up...if you put your neons on switches they light up just as fast as led's and if you have them hooked up to plug into the cigarette adapter you should be slapped

·
Registered
321 Posts
mikemike123321 said:

i vote L.E.D.'s also there better then neons

1 - 16 of 16 Posts