Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 88 samurai that is in need of a motor.. any links to where i can get one? Looking for the stock 4. Thanks

·
Registered
686 Posts
Does it have a bad engine or is there no engine at all?

Some (most) engine builders price rebuilt engines on an exchange basis, if you don't have your old engine they will likely add a core charge to the price.

I know someone will chime in with sources in your area, if none nearby perhaps your rebuilding the current engine (if there is one) is a good option.

Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will a 1.6 liter engine out of a 91 sidekick fit. i found one on graigs list. I want to just do a swap.. no mods..

·
Registered
278 Posts
Not with out an adapter kit.
I have a rebuilt spare in the shop, But shipping from Oregon will be spendy....Boxcar...
Chicago is closer, Try this guy. Craigs list : listing # 3008691981 Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just want to use it as a commuter.. i looked up the swap, seems a bit much to go from a 1.3 to a 1.6. id rather spend the time and money and do the v6 drop if i where to upgrade.
Any other leads on a 1.3 close to iowa let me know..

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have an original 1.3 in my 1987 that I rebuilt less than 5000 miles ago and am about to sell. It was bored .30 over. it runs great with the 300 cfm carb on it. I put a header with 2 1/2" exhaust all the way back and it get's up to 80 mph quickly and easily. I know Florida isn't too close to you but as a last resort, it is a supurb motor. Only reason I am selling is because I have a 1.6 16v to install here shortly. Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts