Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

First of all sorry if my English is not very good, but I don’t specked well

I just but a differential that it is supposed to be for a Tracker, but I don’t know if it is for a Geo Tracker or a Chevrolet tracker. My doubt is what kind of gear ration is it ? in the differential has this numbers:

KN5
9H29

Hope you can help me, thanks

·
Banned
329 Posts
Hello

First of all sorry if my English is not very good, but I don’t specked well

I just but a differential that it is supposed to be for a Tracker, but I don’t know if it is for a Geo Tracker or a Chevrolet tracker. My doubt is what kind of gear ration is it ? in the differential has this numbers:

KN5
9H29

Hope you can help me, thanks
The easiest way to determine the gear ratio is to count the number of teeth on the ring gear (also called crown gear, in some countries) and divide that number by the number of teeth on the pinion gear. The answer is the gear ratio.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Problem with that method is that you have to get into the diff.

Easiest thing if you can't match numbers is to jack up the rear, mark the drive shaft, spin the wheels and count. Then you have a vague idea.

Then with the info above you can use the vague idea to pinpoint it more finitely.

·
Banned
329 Posts
Problem with that method is that you have to get into the diff.

Easiest thing if you can't match numbers is to jack up the rear, mark the drive shaft, spin the wheels and count. Then you have a vague idea.

Then with the info above you can use the vague idea to pinpoint it more finitely.
Yes, you do. But he said he had a diff...not a complete axle assembly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts