Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of my steel EVAP tubes, on my 2002 Grand Vitara, that go from the gas tank, forward under the car, to the canister mounted next to the drive shaft on the driver's side are rotted - I would like to replace them with good used original tubes as one of them has a special connection lip built into it to accept one of the hoses to the canister - thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply - if it stops raining later today, I'll take a picture of the tubes that I am looking for :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2 side by side steel tubes going from the back of the canister to the top of the gas tankhttp://www.suzuki-forums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56225&stc=1&d=1442973765

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They go over the rear end, picking up the gashttp://www.suzuki-forums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=56233&stc=1&d=1442973907 filler vent tube along the way

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Not that I can help with used pipes, but what engine do you have and where are you as I can't find those pipes on any of my diagrams.
All the diagrams I can find show 3 hoses on the chassis rail. Fuel out-fuel return-Evap.
Thanks, Darrell.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it is a 2.5 V-6 and I am in 18707 Northeast Pennsylvania - In the past, when I have not found info that I need on this Grand Vitara, I referenced Chevy Tracker and found it - these 2 lines should only contain vapors and the small steel line that is connected in the middle of the one line, I believe, is for the gas filler vent - this car has separate fuel lines that are indeed on the right frame rail - thanks :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That will help greatly - I have had nothing but trouble finding any new parts for this 2002 car since Suzuki pulled out of North America - I even traded in my 2009 SX4 for a Toyota RAV4 when I started struggling to find even exhaust parts for that car - I loved my SX4 and miss it greatly

1 - 10 of 10 Posts