Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey new guy here mainly need a little info on these since I have no idea.

Im looking to buy a 1988 Samurai what are some problems with these things? What are some major rust spots to look for and other things I should be aware of when buying these? The one main thing I would like to know is since I plan on driving this to Chicago from yorkville area (about 60 miles each way) how well do these do on highway around 65mph? This is my main concern after talking to a buddy with a 3" B/L jeep, says his is bad on highway.

the info provided in the guys ad

This is a 1988 Suzuki Samurai with 82,000 miles.
4 wheel drive works well.
Rebuilt carburetor.
Choice of tops, full or half cab set-up (3 piece).

The carburetor has been rebuilt by a mechanic but it's a little cold blooded and could still use some fine tuning. Runs well when warmed up. Needs front tires. Body has dents and rust and the interior isn't the greatest but I've seen a lot worse. I bought this a few months ago to modify for on/off road use but a recent job change has not left me with enough spare time. Call for more details. Price is firm. Both tops are available or if you don't need a top price is $975.00.
I thank you guys in advance :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmmmmm, they are not in any way a comfortable car to go long distance every day. For that you are better off with a vitara (I think u call em sidekick)

check for blowing smoke, because 82000miles is nearing where I needed a re-con engine, and ask about if it has had a clutch replaced, is its been off road oftern, ittl prob have a fair bit use and may need replacing soon.

As for the rust as long as it isnt on the rails going lenghtways along the car, it can be fixed with a spot of welding:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts