Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was trying to change belt on suzuki swift and it got two belt. One for AC and one for alternator. I was try to get the bolt off for the AC belt. But it way too tight. I use the right size spanner. I try undo it and it too tight. Until I try to use extension then it just strip out. And bolt are nearly round off. Just wonder if anyone got any solution or been in the situation before.

·
Super Moderator
14,229 Posts
You have a couple of different options - you can weld a bolt or nut onto the stripped bolt - an added advantage is the heat of welding usually helps free the stuck bolt, and there are also bolt extractor sockets that are designed to extract, bolts that have been rounded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have a couple of different options - you can weld a bolt or nut onto the stripped bolt - an added advantage is the heat of welding usually helps free the stuck bolt, and there are also bolt extractor sockets that are designed to extract, bolts that have been rounded.
Those won't work. I didn't have enough space. And I can only put spanner in there. Socket won't fit in.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
Those won't work. I didn't have enough space. And I can only put spanner in there. Socket won't fit in.
You can get a socket in there, but you're in for some fun and moving the engine around a bit by undoing mounts and lifting or dropping it a bit so its on an angle to give you access.
This is why you use expensive well made 12 point spanners and impact, standard ring spanners will strip the heads off. I have a set specific for these jobs that are a very snug fit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can get a socket in there, but you're in for some fun and moving the engine around a bit by undoing mounts and lifting or dropping it a bit so its on an angle to give you access.
This is why you use expensive well made 12 point spanners and impact, standard ring spanners will strip the heads off. I have a set specific for these jobs that are a very snug fit.
I used a wrench spanner with 12 point. The car did 241300k. It seem like. It never been took off before. Or it has but been tight up too tight.

·
Registered
8,798 Posts
I used a wrench spanner with 12 point. The car did 241300k. It seem like. It never been took off before. Or it has but been tight up too tight.
more than likely welded itself into the block, it happens unfortunately. You may be seeking assistance to get it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts