Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I need help this is my only vehicle. My truck yesterday
just will not crank. I noticed no gas getting to my Carb so I have replaced the fuel filter no luck. So I replaced the mechanical fuel pump and that didn't work. So I took off fuel line to pump and I noticed no gas coming thru. Guys it was fine day before. So I am stumped I don't have much money left can anyone please tell me what to try next please? I need this truck to get to work. Thank u so much
Rob

·
Registered
264 Posts
So I took off fuel line to pump and I noticed no gas coming thru.
Ok, simple things first. You're sure there is gas in it and the fuel gauge works? When you changed the fuel filter, where was it located? Some people add a filter between the pump and carb, forgetting all about the one under the frame, by the fuel tank. You do mean you disconnected the fuel line between the pump and carb, not the fuel line going to the pump, from the tank? Did you try removing the gas cap, to let air into the tank, in case the charchol canister is plugged?
If, all that checks out, pressurize the line coming from the tank, at the fuel pump and listen for air bubbling in the tank. You'll have to remove the gas cap, as its a closed system. That's all I got, for now.

·
Super Moderator
12,419 Posts
Why are you troubleshooting a fuel problem for a no crank symptom? A Samurai has a mechanical fuel pump, so no crank, no fuel.

Perhaps now would be a good time to define what "just will not crank" means to you - to me it means that when you turn the key the starter does not crank the engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
clarification on my 1988 samurai fuel problems, please help exp. guys out there

Yes it does crank, just no gas going to carb. please folks need your help please.

Guys I need help this is my only vehicle. My truck yesterday
just will not get gas to carb. I noticed no gas getting to my Carb so I have replaced the fuel filter no luck. So I replaced the mechanical fuel pump and that didn't work. So I took off fuel line to pump and I noticed no gas coming thru. Guys it was fine day before. So I am stumped I don't have much money left can anyone please tell me what to try next please? I need this truck to get to work. Thank u so much
Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts