Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I just picked up a weber 32/36 dgav which should have a water choke but it does not, it does have a electric choke. All I need is the install guide for a weber to my 87 sammy. I picked up the carb for $80 with chrome air clear and filter, just need to get the adapter and guide thanks guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was unable to open Billjohns link but sounds like you got what you needed. I just swapped mine last week and still trying to get it dialed in. I found the adapter plates on ebay for 29.00 and already had the carb and linkage adapter. Basically everything comes off. All I still use is the vaccuum advance and when I get the fitting I'll connect the evap canister. I tapped power for the choke from the center slot on the yellow plug from the old carb.(I think) Easy enough to find with a volt meter. Noticeable improvement in the low end not as much at the top. New exhaust is probably next to get rid of the catalytic conv. that is probably getting plugged. Good luck with it. Dave

·
Registered
6 Posts
be sure and post results of exhaust please! i just installed a weber on mine last weekend. definate lmprovement from 1st through 3rd gear but not in 4th. i did notice it would take hills better at highway speeds in 4th though. im running 32 inch ssr's on a stock gears though so 5th is dead. im getting gears next month though with hopes to regain 5th.

did you port your intake when you installed the weber or just leave it in stock form?

·
Registered
2 Posts
12 volt power source for the Weber 32 36

Bazuki,

Did you have to ground out the wire coming from the yellow plug? Or did you just run a single wire from the yellow plug to the choke connection on the carb?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Weber 32 36 install on Suzuki Samurai

Bazuki,

Did you have to ground out the wire running from the yellow plug to the electric choke? Or did you just run a single wire from the yellow plug to the electric choke?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The link above didnt appear to do anything except take me to some parts website. I am also having trouble with a weber carb that was installed prior to me buying the zuk. There is a vacuum leak somewhere near the adapter plate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts