Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just bought a suzuki every plus which looks like the suzuki landy except that it doesn't have the chrome trimmings but has the a/c at the back of the van.

As per the plate beside the passenger door, its model GF-DA32W with engine G13B 1298cc HPSR-2.

First of all I want to know about the engine. As per the dealer it is a 4 cyclinder fuel injected distributorless system and that one big advantage of this engine is that it uses a timing chain instead of a timing belt. It is a 4 speed automatic drive. Is this true for the G13B engine?

Secondly, I want to ask what is the average fuel consumption. I've done at least 5 top ups and with the kilometers it has run and I come up with a 1 Liter is to 6 kilometers with air conditioning on. Is this normal? Is there any way to fine tune the timing and stuff so that it can be more fuel efficient?

Its the first time i've also used an automatic shift and I want to ask, in city driving should you engage overdrive or turn it off? With overdrive off, will it reach the fourth gear?

Are there available users manual that can be downloaded for this model? Not the service manual but the owners manual. I want to know all about the features inside the car.

For example, in the 3rd row seats in the middle portion of the floor, there seems to be some sort of ventilation. What is it used for? At the rear of the van on the roof there seems to be some sort of covered something which has ventilation also, what is it used for?

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten me a little bit of facts about my ride. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,184 Posts
I have no details about the Suzuki Every, but as far as I'm aware the G series Suzuki engines all have timing belts.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Greetings! The vent near the 3rd row is probably a heater. there should be a control button on the dash for it.
I don't think you need overdrive, or 4th in the city, my auto Every van hardly gets out of second here on Mactan.
Google it, theirs a lot online about this car. remember that if you bought it in Philippines, it is probable assembled from scrap, so do not expect it to be as stated by manufacturer.
It looks to be a nice car for here, but be sure to check the re assembly welds under the car, and make sure they are cleaned and primed.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks newsavedone, what about fuel consumption? How many kilometers are you getting per liter? Do you have any idea how to adjust timing, etc.?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i bought new tires and had it aligned. When they lifted it up and i was able to see below it, i found out that its an all wheel drive with front and rear propeller shafts. It is 4WD with no switch for 2WD so I took out the front propeller shaft and velocity rods. Hopefully this will boost my fuel economy up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So i bought new tires and had it aligned. When they lifted it up and i was able to see below it, i found out that its an all wheel drive with front and rear propeller shafts. It is 4WD with no switch for 2WD so I took out the front propeller shaft and velocity rods. Hopefully this will boost my fuel economy up.
Sir,
We have the same problem. When you change to 2WD is there any change for you fuel consumption? as my research it will be 13.6km/l.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As far as I have noticed, yes there has been a change in fuel economoy. It seems to consume less gas at 2wd. I don't have actual figures tosupport this as I am waiting for my ODBII device to arrive so I can look at the settings of the black box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
As far as I have noticed, yes there has been a change in fuel economoy. It seems to consume less gas at 2wd. I don't have actual figures tosupport this as I am waiting for my ODBII device to arrive so I can look at the settings of the black box.
Sir,
Did you try change oil,change oil filter,change spark plug to titanium,clean the air filter and fuel filter? coz I'm planning to do that.. I will check if there is any changes.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Reviving an old thread here, but here goes anyway. I just purchased a 1999 Every Plus that was imported from Japan to Canada earlier this year. So far i'm loving the truck, but I have a couple of things i'd like to figure out.

First, has anyone found an owner's manual online? or a place where we can order a paper one? Perhaps, do one of you have the paper one that came with your Every, and would you be willing to scan it for me?

Second, mine is a RWD model, and gets about 9L/100km, or about 11km/L. That sounds high compared to the book values, but maybe due to it's age that's not so bad?

Third, when I start up on a cold day, I will occasionally hear a "squeal" from the engine area, it sounds like it could be a belt or maybe one of the clutches in the automatic transmission? It only lasts for 5-15 seconds or so, and completely goes away once it's warmed up.

Fourth, do the center seats come out? I've figured out the levers that let them slide, but haven't found out if they come out. I'd be ecstatic if I could remove them easily, it would make moving a bicycle or two much easier. I can always un-bolt the seat rails from the floor, but that's not my first choice.

Any help appreciated!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts