Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Suzuki Reno. I have a slight oil leak it appears to be coming from around the egr adapter plate where the tube that comes the valve cover meets the bottom of the egr adapter plate. This is the model with the adapter plate that uses the 100 dollar gasket. Would I get oil seepage from that place or does that tube carry coolant or air. Just trying to find out before I tear it apart and buy a $100 gasket.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi welcome to the forum! the best thing to do is to first clean up the area where the oil is, that way it will be easier to find where the leak is coming from. coolant runs behind the mounting bracket for the egr but its easy enough for oil to leak from the valve cover and find its way to that spot. i forget if oil runs behind there or not.. you can get some brake clean or a spray cleaner that ok to use around motor electronics, i think its MAF sensor safe cleaner. spray the area clean of oil then keep an eye on it for a day or two and see if you can pinpoint where the leak is coming from. let us know what you find out. any other questions just ask!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts