Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a super clean 91 Samurai 1.3 liter with 50,000 original miles. the problem is it runs fine for about 10 minutes and then shuts off sudenly:confused: . I dont know if the problem lies in the carburator or whats going on. Please if anyone has an idea or a suggestion on the problem it would be much apreciated.
Thanks,
Wrc323gtx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Possible Vapor lock?

Back in the day that would sound a vapor lock. Follow the fuel line and make sure it is not too close to the engine.

RWD

·
Registered
31 Posts
If it is vapor locked when you unscrew the gas cap there will be above normal pressure release. So when it quits get out and check the pressure leave the cap off and try taking it for a spin removed.

I had a similar problem with my 88. I'd start by looking in the gas window on the front of the carburator after she quits and see if the carb is getting gas. If it isnt half full its not getting the proper fuel. If there isnt gas there get a gas can and about 5 feet of 5/16 gas line run the line from the pump into the cab into the gas can in the passenger floorboard. Theres a rubber seal you can remove to run the gas line through to the cab. If she runs fine driving it like that you can eliminate the carb and the fuel pump. Then you're down to the filter or something in the tank. On mine I removed the tank and there were shreds of plasic in the fuel line coming out of the top of the tank. Anyway this might help you eliminate a few things.

·
Registered
2 Posts
wont stay

This problem is heat expansion when the engine heats up the electronic components in top dead centre sensor expand and it means there is now a gap where before the connection was good .
If you can cool all the electronic components one at a time and the car runs when it cools then you will have spotted the faulty module.
Garages hate these faults and may turn you away so if you are a success with this process then tell the forum your sorry story cheers and best of luck from Scotland .eds.....:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts