Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is the right forum to ask this. Im looking for a 4x4 thats going to be an every day driver but that I can use to drive to my land to go camping/fishing etc. I have no idea what this vehicle is worth so I thought Id ask for help. I can post some pics if need be. It looks very clean. The guy is asking six thousand for it.

1988.5 Tin Top. Street Legal ready to go right now.

This rig was towed behind a motorhome for most of its life.
Engine: replaced the 1.3 with a 1997 1.6 16 Valve fuel injected engine with 64K. This engine is twice the horsepower.
Transmission: 3 speed automatic transmission.
Transfer Case - 4 to 1 gears from low range and a ZOR cradle
Custom front and rear heavy duty bumpers with winch
Power Steering (Tracker box, PSC HD pump)
HD Crossover steering
YJ Spring-Over suspension
New 31x10.50x15s
20" LED light bar
LED back up light
New headliner
Replacement seats from a Mazda Miata
Radio - basic plain jane
Heater
Back seat is absolutely perfect.
Bed liner on inside
Road feeder not for sale

$6000. no tire kickers

·
Registered
616 Posts
customized samurai....

I hope this is the right forum to ask this. Im looking for a 4x4 thats going to be an every day driver but that I can use to drive to my land to go camping/fishing etc. I have no idea what this vehicle is worth so I thought Id ask for help. I can post some pics if need be. It looks very clean. The guy is asking six thousand for it.

1988.5 Tin Top. Street Legal ready to go right now.

This rig was towed behind a motorhome for most of its life.
Engine: replaced the 1.3 with a 1997 1.6 16 Valve fuel injected engine with 64K. This engine is twice the horsepower.
Transmission: 3 speed automatic transmission.
Transfer Case - 4 to 1 gears from low range and a ZOR cradle
Custom front and rear heavy duty bumpers with winch
Power Steering (Tracker box, PSC HD pump)
HD Crossover steering
YJ Spring-Over suspension
New 31x10.50x15s
20" LED light bar
LED back up light
New headliner
Replacement seats from a Mazda Miata
Radio - basic plain jane
Heater
Back seat is absolutely perfect.
Bed liner on inside
Road feeder not for sale

$6000. no tire kickers

Ah yes...

If I could sell my Samurai for the amount on money and effort i put into it, would be a rich person. Such would be the case for anyone who takes an average everyday car and hops it up...

Unfortunately, that is not how it works.

You are looking for reasonable daily driver transportation to and from your property. The seller wants to recoup the incredible amount of time and money he/she put into it by pricing it way beyond it's market value.

Admittedly, the selling price is approximately $2000 less than the original price, but you could be buying a pig in a poke if the mods were not done properly. This tintop could be very high-maintenance!

You need to contract (not CONTACT, but CONTRACT) an actual mechanic that you trust - someone with customising experience - to thoroughly go through this truck to evaluate it for safety issues and general operating conditions. And RUST. If, in the mechanic's judgement, the vehicle is well constructed and maintained, it could be worth $6000. If not, walk away.

Optionally, if you and the mechanic feel that any problems are fixable, you can offer a suitable lesser amount with documentation of why you offer a lower price (or not).

in no case should you get the "I wannas" over this vehicle and pay six grand - no questions asked!

I imagine that others here can provide common problems one finds with a Samurai - like rust, poorly-maintained axles, Rust, electrical problems, locked transfer case (fixable with a $15 part) and, of course, RUST!

I hope that this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts