Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working on a friend's Sami. It runs great cold when the choke and high idle are on, but as soon as the choke goes off it dies. It will run great above 1200 rpm but anything below it begins to load up and dies as soon as you let off on the gas it dies. All the vacuum lines are good and routed correctly. How do I adjust this carb. I can't seem to find anything about adjusting it anywhere. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Needs to see if the fuel in the side sight glass is over half full if not there were some of problems lie ther is also there is a electric soleniod inside the carb possible issue but the carb is adjustedable in lots of ways these are couple things to try

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tips. I am assuming that the sight glass refers to the float level in the carb. As for the solenoid is there a way to check that? Also is there a mixture screw somewhere or is it controlled by the ecm?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you're checking the mixture solenoid then you should pull the carb appart and just do a rebuild. If it's running fine with the choke closed, then dies when it's open, you are running too lean. Check for vacuum leaks around the base of the carb and at the intake manifold mating surface to the engine block.

The air fuel mixture screw shouldn't need recalibration unless it has been moved by someone. It's in a small hole at the base of the carb and has a safety pin blocking the hole so you can't stick a screwdriver in there without removing the pin. Don't adjust the mixture screw without a dyno and an air/fuel gauge.

There is a cold idle adjustment screw on the engine side of the carb, but it isn't for adjusting idle on an already warmed up engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts