Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the middle of rebuilding my 5spd transmission and have run into a problem pulling everything off of the main shaft. I am down to the center bearing washer. I need advice on what to use to press or pull this washer off the shaft. I can not get ahold of it with anything that I have. I have been to all the parts stores and looked at what pullers they have and none have thin enough teeth to get on this washer. I have a press and used it to remove several other parts. I also have used a jaw type puller to remove others. I have been following the procedures from the fixkick.com site and I see they are using this clamp vise thing to hold the parts so as to press them off the shaft. Would anyone know what this device is called and where I might find one. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
24,471 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
What is your location?

Some of us have tool kits....

·
Registered
433 Posts
I don't know about any washer. The center bearing needs to come off. I use a Snap On CJ 951 bearing separator with the flat side engaged on the bearing. Be certain to have a helper pass their hand under the press to catch the mainshaft as the bearing slides off. Press just enough to loosen the bearing and then hold the mainshaft with everything in place to move it to your work area.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts