Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys...i encountered a problem with my 255 60 15 tires...
when doing 4WD on a full turn, the tires are rubbing against something...this stops my jimny.
it doesn't encounter this problem when i'm on 2WD!

will wheelspacers (1" or 2"?) solve my problems?
what are the disadvantages of using wheelspacers??
:eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If you have leaf springs and If its hitting on full turn in 4wd only then it's probably bacause of the extra squat you get with the front end drive train under load. If you have leaf springs, the springs flatten more and bring the ends of the spring closer to the center line of the tire which is the closest point to the spring.

If you have a coil spring then I don't know enough about them to help you. I can only guess that it would be a similar situation but hitting the support arm instead of the leaf spring.

If it's only hitting under load then it must just be barely rubbing. A one inch spacer would probably clear it. Nothing wrong with using a bolt on spacer. They are high quality and they aren't cheap. Don't try to save money using the shim plate kind of spacer. It reduces the ammount of lug that the wheel nut can hold on to and you're hanging the load of the wheel out on the end of the wheel lug. The shim spacers are a good way to sheer off your lug bolts. Get the bolt on spacers if you plan on using a spacer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts