Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. First post! I just bought a samurai(88) it has a lift but don't know how high. The bottom is up to my thigh. Well the prob. is that my front drive shaft has a lot of play in it.Tcase to front diff. It's where the shaft and slip yoke meet. I been reading up on it and I found a 1" extended slip yoke,but somebody told me u can only put that on the back shaft. Is this true. I also seen a 3/4 inch spacer for it. Wut to use. Trying to ride this weekend but scared its gonna break

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Welcome!

That extended slip yoke sounds like the component Trail Tough came up with many years ago. I have used the 2" version on the trails on and off over the years and have never had a problem with it in front or in back.
If you do use a spacer instead, install it at the T-case end so it moves the joint out a little. It will give you more clearance around the crossmember.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Either on will work just as Bill said...with that said I never placed a spacer on mine and it never broke...but I am cautious driver. So unless your running 35's and or planning to run Baha 500 flat out I'd not worry about it.

But what kind if lift is it by chance?..if you don't know some photos of the suspension will help us give better advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts