Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently changed the clutch in my sami and when i put it back together i didn't have any spark. changed the cap and rotor and still nothing. thought maybe the dist. some how got damaged after i removed it, so i bought a used dist. and still nothing. my friend came over with a meter and the dist. tested good but the coil was bad so i bought a new one. STILL NO SPARK! i've checked everything for loose or broken wires and according to the diagram i have, i put all connections back in the right spot, but the diagram is for a fi sami even though it says typical. i can use some suggestions because i don't want to take a car i paid $600 for to the shop, and because i plan on doing an engine swap this winter. i just wanted to get it running for the summer. and yes, it ran great before i changed the clutch. no, it's not the battery because i replaced that when i bought the car last august. any help would be appreciated. if there's someone in the area, it would be nice to look under they're hood, just to make sure all my connection are right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Might try to try this,

No sparking
1. Defective spark plug <Adjust gap, or replace>
2. High tension cord short-circuited (grounded) <Repair or replace>
3. Cracked rotor or cap in distributor <Replace>
4. Defective signal generator or ignitor <Replace>
5. Maladjusted signal rotor air gap. <Adjust>
6. Contact not closing positively in main switch, or this switch open-circuited <Replace>
7. Loose or blown fuse <Set right or replace>
8. Improper ignition timing <Adjust>
9. Defective ignition coil. <Replace>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts