Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang - my van's engine is F10A 1000cc. cleaning it up last weekend led me to discover something that i needed to know what it is and what does it do. i have attached here the picture i got from it. i have taken different angels to shot it.
its diameter is that of a pen and i think it connects to someting using a hose but i dont know where.
hoping someone would help me identify.
thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
..just additional info, i tried covering the opening of this small tube with the tip of my finger with the engine is running and i felt it is sucking some air.. well, not too strong for me to get sucked inside the engine :D

covering or uncovering it doesnt affect engine performance. but it keeps me thingking something could go wrong sooner or later.
i guess all of you can relate to how i feel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Vaccume Port

Does the engine have a PCV? If there is no change in engine speed when you stop the vacuume, it is probably a port that runs to the air cleaner and assists in some way to ventilate the crank case. You should be able to find a vaccume diagram for that vehicle fairly easy. Most newer vehicles has a label under the hood.

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi! there, i checked my engine the i found out pc valve yan. so, yung hose sa ibabaw coming from valve cover to air cleaner supposed to be may spliter or T pipe then hose para sa pc valve. ngayon lang ako naka reply kasi ka aayos palang ng main server namin.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thansk much for the info Guys. it is indeed the PCV (positive crankcase ventilation) valve. What does it do? - it siphons combustion byproducts and unburned fuels into the intake manifold to be burned again. Imagine if you leave this open and without the valve cover opening hose, guess who will do the siphoning? - Our NOSE! :D

this valve also play a vital role on overall engine performance. having a malfunction valve is like having a vacuum leak on your engine.

Here where my research took me
> Car Repair and Maintenance on Yahoo! Autos - What is the PCV valve and what does it do?

gonna hunt for that T connector this weekend!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts