Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 2007, 2.7lt V6 Auto 5dr and I am wondering how and where to fit the support brackets for a Genuine Suzuki Grand Vitara Nudge Bar. I have taken the front bumper off, but can't seem to figure out where and what the brackets attach to. I have included a couple of pics hoping that they help. If someone could supply a copy of the Suzuki fitting instructions or a link to it. I have looked in the downloaded service manual but can't seem to find anything related to the nudge bar and or brackets. Don't know if it makes a difference, I am in Qld Australia. Thanks Ian

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
small single threaded holes in the brackets line up with the number plate holes in the bumper, that will give you a clue. They should line up with existing holes, tops I think match the bracket your horns are on, the lowers in mine came with clip in captive nuts. Don't forget the long bracket across the underside of the bumper by the radiator. All the weight of the bar is held on those 2 brackets, its a show thing, and not solidly mounted at all.

Thats a totally different looking front o mine, so I'm not sure where the top and bottoms fit, mine has a square section not 2 round tubes, and my horns are mounted on the 2 bolt holes on the 2 bottom brackets on your bumper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your speedy reply. What I am thinking about doing, is remove the bumper again, attach the brackets to the bumper with the bolts that would normally hold the number plate. The same ones that will be holding the nudge bar in place. Then semi refit the bumper. That way I will be able to see where the ends of the brackets need to be bolted. Here's hoping anyway.
I have to fit the brackets to stop the nudge bar from moving causing the 9in driving lights to bounce. There's a fair bit of weight on, and flex in an unsupported front bumper with a nudge bar and lights bolted to it. Eventually the bumper would crack, causing a whole lot of other problems that I can do without.

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Ahh, its that bar, now I know why it looks different

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally got it solidly mounted, it no longer vibrates. Did as I said earlier, fitted the brackets to the bumper and put the bumper back on. I had to drill the top two holes in the support rail, just beside the bracket that holds the horns. I also had to drill a hole for the bottom right bracket. The bottom left hole was already there. These holes are in the flat piece on the bottom parallel support bars. This flat piece has 2 large holes already in it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
get rid of it and get an East coast figure eight. that wont stop a roo....hit a roo at 80 kph up near Texas and still have a car. unfortunately hit a galah at the same speed and cracked the radiator....after new engine still have a car. am going to fit some wire mesh to the figure eight in front of the grille. that plastic wont stop anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Greg, fair and valid point about hitting a roo (or the car in front of me). Whilst I would prefer to go that way, the cost of a proper/decent full bar, even 2nd hand prevents me from doing it. I will however be keeping an eye out for a full bar at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got an 2007, 2.7lt V6 Auto 5dr and I am wondering how and where to fit the support brackets for a Genuine Suzuki Grand Vitara Nudge Bar. I have taken the front bumper off, but can't seem to figure out where and what the brackets attach to. I have included a couple of pics hoping that they help. If someone could supply a copy of the Suzuki fitting instructions or a link to it. I have looked in the downloaded service manual but can't seem to find anything related to the nudge bar and or brackets. Don't know if it makes a difference, I am in Qld Australia. Thanks Ian
View attachment 98869
View attachment 98870
Hi, I got the same nudge bar with actually the same brackets for my Suzuki Grand Vitara 2008. Where did you put this brackets? I'm confused. I didn't find where they fit, and I just put the nudge bar straight to the bumper wich looks pretty unsafe I reakon.. thanks for your help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts