Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I broke a ball joint on my tie rod.. You can guess which one.. The one you can't replace. I need to find a stock cross over steering arm for a samurai and I have had no luck at all.

·
Super Moderator
17,871 Posts
Give us the specifics like what year, to start with. :huh:

A pic will always help too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the steering arm that joins the two spindles together. Has a total of three ball joints on it. Two of which are not replaceable and the other one is. Called every junk yard around here not one has a samurai.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a 87' I think they might have the part I need..

Its under the tie rod part. The part I need is the rod that has two ball joints on the left and one on the right. The right side being replaceable.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Its a 87' I think they might have the part I need..

Its under the tie rod part. The part I need is the rod that has two ball joints on the left and one on the right. The right side being replaceable.
Helpful hint: When describing auto parts, always refer to R/L as seen from the rear of the vehicle, or, driver's seat. It will avoid confusion :confused: and getting the wrong part.

What you want is the Tie Rod-Right.

The old Suzuki part number is 48870-83300. Unfortunately, :( SW Autogroup ( New Used Car Dealer | SouthWest Auto Group | Ford Nissan Mitsubishi Suzuki | Weatherford, TX serving Fort Worth ) has taken down their Suzuki parts webpages, otherwise, I could have found it for you there. It was a great resource and fast to locate items by part number. You could call them and give the part number. They might be able to help you out. Its not cheap. Will run you close to $200 delivered. Sometimes, it will save you time, money and trouble, just replacing the stock parts, instead of changing a bunch of stuff, to make aftermarket parts work.
You can look here, also. https://www.suzukiautoparts.com/catalogs.html
The part won't come up by using the part number search. You'll have to drill down go through all the menus. Its in the steering group.

Good luck to you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Thanks for posting that, Max.
That is the same online system that SW used to use.
I tried a Google search for Online Suzuki Parts and those guys didn't show up.
Looks like their prices run about 10% above what SW used to charge, but its worth it to have a new source of OEM parts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! It is part number one. I ended up getting the but back on it and have threads all the way to the top of the nut. I will be putting two tack welds on the nut and ball joint to keep it in place. I will be upgrading to a full over the top system later this next month. I just need to be able to move it around the garage.

·
Super Moderator
17,871 Posts
I don't know that, but know this...don't EVER use concrete blocks to support a vehicle. :(

Looks like you have pieces left from an attempt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its back on its wheels now. And the leaf springs are flat.. I'll give LowRange a call on monday and see what the deal is. I may have to go with the OME leafs with alittle more lift.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts