Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just go the vitara yesterday the alternator is bad I got a new one to replace it BUT I can't remember what this forms said about the bottom bolt. what size and kind is it!! please help me asap!! THANKS!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
It's a metric something...maybe 10 or 12 mm? I'm wondering why the bolt size matters now....did you break it? Just take a socket set and maybe a short extension and try them until it fits! The alternator is easy to change, mine died on me when I was 5 hours away from my house...I found an autozone with one in stock and changed it in their parking lot using borrowed tools from the store lol. Took me an hour tops once I got to the store (mostly because I had to repair the plug due to a wire pulling out of it)

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
It might depend on which engine you have - you have the four cylinder so it's relatively easy - the V6 is different - it's near impossible to see, and is probably a Torx T50 - use the wrong tool and you'll end up stripping the head out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.