Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a bumper reinforcement for my 98 tracker 2 door to no avail. I am wondering if the sidekick 96-98 will fit ? If anyone knows where I might find one I would appreciate it....have gone to rock auto Oreilly's,Parts.com...no luck...it is having body work done and I would like it put on before getting it back
Thanks ....Sean

·
Registered
467 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
What part are you actually looking for?? The actual metal bumper? You might be able to find one in a junkyard, although many might be a bit rusty by this time....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
front metal reinforcement

I am looking for the metal backing that sits behind the bumper cover....I will go used if I cannot find used.....I have done a search and the yards I contacted would not ship the part. I think they may also be concerned with some sort of liability issue....just a hunch

Thank You for the responses

I am looking for a dealer that will guarantee that it is actually for the 96-98...many of the descriptions were incorrect...

·
Registered
467 Posts
So again, front or rear? Id pull from my local yards but youre not helping. Also, 96-98, is it really any different than the years prior? The bumper covers yes, but this part? I doubt it

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
see my comment in your "other" thread on this subject.

·
Super Moderator
25,554 Posts
Personally, I would just call that the bumper, actually. Anyway, they just bolt on to the car, and you should be able to replace this with any bumper (from a vehicle with the same number of doors) as your car - I believe that 1989-1998 Tracker or Suzuki Sidekick 2 door would fit. As these are covered up by the bumper covers, as long as they are structurally sound, it should be no problem. I would look through junkyards, actually. Conversely, some people remove these all together, and make their own bumpers (with no covers) out of metal tubing, which looks pretty nice, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DUH...It is the 2 door I needing the reinforcement

I just think everyone knows that the parts I am looking for are for the 2 door...OK idiot move....The 4 door is stock mint..the 2 door is the one I am mildly modifying....Thank you for all who have helped this somewhat clueless newbie !!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts