Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this sounds anal but I'm wanting to paint my factory steel rims back the original color. It's a 98 2dr w the grey/silver paint. I tried the dull aluminum and its not right. Has anybody matched the factory paint or know the color code?
Sorry pic is upside down.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I waited for someone to give a better answer... but as no one has stepped up, here goes:

How close a match do you need? If you paint the whole wheel it doesn't need to be an EXACT match, to stock or the other wheels as they are.... how far away from it? You also could paint the wheels on one side. Or all four (five) as it shouldn't take that much paint.

That said:

There is a Toyota metallic silver that seems a fairly good match. It comes in a rattle can at most parts stores. I used it on my Audi wheels.

OBTW: You are supposed to keep the shiny side UP.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike I'll keep that shiny side up thing in mind lol.
As far as the paint. It doesn't have to be perfect but I would like it really close I tried several colors actually but didn't find any that pleased me. I'll try autozone today and see what they have. I just thought maybe there was somebody out there as anal as I am that had already been through this and had a paint code. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts