Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHEN I TURN MY IGNITION TO THE OFF POSITION AND TAKE MY KEYS OUT OF THE IGNITION, MY CAR STILL HAS SOME TYPE OF ALTERNATE POWER SOURCE BECAUSE THE WINDOWS STILL OPERATE (ROLL UP AND DOWN), THE RADIO STILL PLAYS AND MY FAN KEEPS ON RUNNING. I TOOK MY CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP TWICE ALREADY AND THE FIRST TIME THEY SAID IT WAS MY IGNITION SO I PAID $300 TO REPLACE IT THEN THE SECOND TIME THEY SAID IT WAS MY RADIATOR AND I GOT THAT REPLACED AS WELL AND I AM STILL HAVING THESE DOGGONE ISSUES. CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY'VE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR WHATS WRONG WITH MY CAR AND IF MY CAR IS HAUNTED AND HOW TO EXERCISE THIS DEMON?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by DOPEY_1@Dec 14 2004, 09:34 AM
WHEN I TURN MY IGNITION TO THE OFF POSITION AND TAKE MY KEYS OUT OF THE IGNITION, MY CAR STILL HAS SOME TYPE OF ALTERNATE POWER SOURCE BECAUSE THE WINDOWS STILL OPERATE (ROLL UP AND DOWN), THE RADIO STILL PLAYS AND MY FAN KEEPS ON RUNNING. I TOOK MY CAR TO THE DEALERSHIP TWICE ALREADY AND THE FIRST TIME THEY SAID IT WAS MY IGNITION SO I PAID $300 TO REPLACE IT THEN THE SECOND TIME THEY SAID IT WAS MY RADIATOR AND I GOT THAT REPLACED AS WELL AND I AM STILL HAVING THESE DOGGONE ISSUES. CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY'VE EXPERIENCED THIS PROBLEM OR WHATS WRONG WITH MY CAR AND IF MY CAR IS HAUNTED AND HOW TO EXERCISE THIS DEMON?
Your radiator? Hmmm, I suggest you find another dealer. Whatever controls, and in this case should be disconnecting, the main relay ain't working. As modern cars are "computerized" it should be just a low level signal that comes from the so called black box computer. It mediates all the electronic activity in the car.

If you have a wiring short, particularly in a harness somewhere, it might explain the symptoms. I cannot for the life of me think of why they would say it had anything to do with the radiator.

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts