Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 Forenza with 88K it has a 5 speed stick tranny. I try and take good care of it, but this issue has me and my repair dude baffled. Timing belt etc changed about 60K, tune up about the same time. After normal start ups the cold driving is jerky until warm and at highway speeds 45mph + it feels like the car is surging. Last week Engine light came on, pulled muiltple random misfires, changed plugs, wires etc- It improved the "surge" for a bit but now its back. Any ideas out there

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
it could be the cam position sensor. when they start to go you can get misfires and strange driving behavior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to remind you that you have a 7 year /100,000 mile powertrain warranty. With that I would take the vehicle to the dealership for diagnosis, sounds to me like you may have a faulty head gasket due to the rough cold running. Possible coolant in cylinder #3 and/or #4
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But I have no coolant loss at all. The plugs come out clean and worn as a normal wear item. I still think the idle air control or TPS wiring is the issue here.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hm, well it could be you IAC valve.you could try taking it off, carefully not to move the part inside the throttle body just dont pull and push on it, and clean it. mine had buildup caked all over it. if your careful not to get anything inside the throttle body clean out the air passages also. there is a little tunnel that leads to the throttle plate from the IAC. you can put a rag on the throttle plate to catch the spray that comes through. DONT use brake or carb cleaner these might be to harsh i used a map, or maf, sensor cleaner as its safe for use around electronic parts. worked like a charm. put everything back together. it will run rough at first but then even out. that might help. good luck! let us know what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts