Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Zuk Radiator being original is about shot and looking to get an all Aluminum radiator I would like to get a two row but don't want to mod anything to make it fit...... will it fit behind the stock fan and in front of the hood latch?______ What's the best online source for that in all aluminum for under $200
Joe

·
Registered
278 Posts
TT, RR, Lowrange , ETC. Pretty much any of them can help you.
You will pay more for it but brass is king when it comes to cooling.... research it....

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have been hearing so many stories on the advantage of aluminum but i'm old school and figured brass is best like you say. My radiator now is all brass (tanks and all)...... Hmmm maybe i should just have it re-cored if they still do that today?
Joe

·
Super Moderator
17,675 Posts
Unless you are running some sort of modified engine arrangement, a stock radiator is more than adequate for your needs (and a lot less expensive too). ;) I don't see where you'd benefit from anything else.

I don't know what year and model you have, but check...

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/catalog.php

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Max..... That was a really good link and i saved it for future reference. I ordered an all aluminum radiator Last Night from Genesis for
$90 with online coupon and $8.50 shipping so i thought that was pretty good. My old original radiator stays very cool on the bottom half so time for an update. I agree with you a stock one would have been fine as the only time i got my temp up above 1/3 was when it's screamin down the interstate for my 8 mile run to the trails around town it never went above 1/3.
Thanks again for that good link
Joe

Genesis Auto
1986 Suzuki Samurai ALL ALUMINUM RADIATOR ALL38882X7451AA 1.3L L4 79 | All Aluminum Radiator | Suzuki Auto Parts

·
Super Moderator
17,675 Posts
That appears to be an excellent price on that radiator. Obviously they are being made in mass production in aluminum now. Good info! :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to a few different forums and quite a few purchased that radiator and where very happy.
after i get and install it i will get back here with a review.
I see your from South Carolina..... When i lived on the east coast i used to run into Rock Hill all the time. Had a great time there.
Joe

·
Super Moderator
17,675 Posts
I get up that way on occasion. We've got friends there (Fort Mill) and the Charlotte Auto Fair twice a year is another reason to travel up. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm actually originally from NJ/PA but now retired in AZ....man is it hot.
Heading out for a ride now.
thanks for everything.
Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boxcar,
Your two Links got me to thinking all weekend so i looked around for an all brass/copper radiator and found a decent one and since cancelled my order for the aluminum one and for $70 more went for the upgrade.
I'm sure the aluminum would have cooled just fine but for not much more i got better.
thanks,
Joe

brass/copper radiator
https://shop.performanceradiator.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_32878_32982_32989_32990&product_id=10956

·
Registered
19 Posts
Joe Z, you might have retired to the wrong part of AZ. We are in the SE area of AZ and our temps rarely go above 100 in summer, and only cold at night in winter. We love it and the trails in the mountains and on the desert are really a lot of fun, so many we probably will never get to run them all.

Happy Four Wheeling.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JungleJim
I like it out your way but i have family in the phoenix area so three seasons here is pretty good but in the summer at 118 degrees that is hot. Kickin around getting a cabin outside of Prescott up in the tall pines of walker/potato patch @6800 ft it's pretty nice there and only 75 min from phx......
Here comes Summer.... now i need to find the cash to do this LOL
Joe

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah.... New All Brass/Copper Radiator arrived today
Booh...Plastic tanks and Aluminum.

Do have to give the company credit though. It arrived within two days.
Hope Returns is just as Fast

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Boxcar,
Your two Links got me to thinking all weekend so i looked around for an all brass/copper radiator and found a decent one and since cancelled my order for the aluminum one and for $70 more went for the upgrade.
I'm sure the aluminum would have cooled just fine but for not much more i got better.
thanks,
Joe

brass/copper radiator
https://shop.performanceradiator.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=1_32878_32982_32989_32990&product_id=10956
DO NOT USE THAT LINK TO PURCHASE A BRASS RADIATOR

While the company was really pleasant to talk to they said that the brass/copper radiator is no longer in production and will be modifying their online Link

1 - 17 of 17 Posts