Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have attached a photo to this message. The photo has a red arrow pointing to a circular object on a 1987 Samurai engine as seen from the drivers side of the engine compartment. In the picture the carb is to the left of the object in question. This photo is from a neighbor's Samy; on my Samy this is missing. In its place someone used a screw to block a hole the circular part presumably goes into. Does anyone know what this is? I need to get a replacement.

Thanks in advance!
Terri

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
That's a filter on the two way vacuum switching valve that helps control the EGR valve. on the top of the TWVSV is that cylinder. When the TWVSV switches to sucking outside air (it can allow a vacuum to be drawn on the EGR valve or ambient air) That can is a filter so that crap doesn't get sucked into your intake. If you block it off the computer doesn't have full control of the EGR. It uses that vacuum switch to divert the vacuum from the EGR valve when things like the temperature is too cold or the altitude is too high... The can is just a hat that sits on the top of a plastic post but the plastic post usually is broken off if the hat isn't there. If the post is still there for the hat to sit on you can just tape a cigarette filter over the top of it or somthing.. :) or you can find the part in a wrecking yard. (I recommend the wrecking yard option)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bartacus, thanks for the info! The post is broke off and someone (my Dad, I think) stuck a screw in it just to plug the hole. So, air needs to get through there but it needs to be filtered to keep crap out, right? There really isn't a wrecking yard in my area, but I am sure I will think of something. I am good like that.

Thanks again!
Terri

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
should be easy enough to rig up... Just some foam filter and a short piece of hose glued to the top with RTV adhesive. I broke mine off a few years ago and just left it sitting there. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts