Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front camshaft snapped the other night yes snapped I have never seen this before. If you look at it it looks normal. Any rate I am having a hard time finding one can anybody help?
[email protected] I need one fast this is my daily car.

Thanks for your time

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. welcome to the forum! the problem with camshafts is they like to sell them with a head. that way its a complete head. you could try ebay, or calling around to some junkyards, maybe try a co that re-manufactures heads? maybe youll get lucky and theyll have one.a cam from the x20xev motor should be exactly the same the only problem with that is its only sold in Europe. you could also try asking people over at www.daewootechforum.com lots of engine building over there maybe someone has a spare. you could get one at Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store but itll be brand new and i think expensive. any other questions just ask.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Wow that is unfortunate... I may be able to sell you just one camshaft.

Where are you located?

·
Super Moderator
17,646 Posts
Stchuna. Make sure that you find out what caused that cam to snap. :huh:

Dropped a valve or cam drive component failure / jam, would be at the top of the list. Cams don't typically snap without a cause.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Definitely not normal for a cam to just snap. Strangely enough this is the second one that's been posted about on the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree with you both thanks for the comments, I bought a loaded head. to make sure that what ever was wrong is no longer the case.

Thanks everybody for the help I will post when done.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Definitely not normal for a cam to just snap. Strangely enough this is the second one that's been posted about on the forum.
Interestingly enough, there was someone local in my area who also snapped a cam... I have no idea how it happened though. I sold a replacement cam from my spare motor to him, so I still have one cam left lol.

stchuna - so you don't need the cam now right?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Well someone posted an article, Nathan I think, about how Suzuki was getting screwed by their parts suppliers, GM suppliers I think. They started using inferior parts to build the cars. One of the reasons their GM partnership went south and their US sales. Maybe there's some bad cams floating around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPdate the poaded head they delivered was for a RIO not a reno So I am back to looking for a loaded head. wow what a trip. I will keep looking.
And is no wonder GM went under?????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reno is running

I wanted to thank you for all the help. I bought a loaded head it took two weeks to get to me. then I only used the front cam and she runs great. I mean better than ever I love this car but what the heck is with the cam snapping?
Thanks for everything.

I need hood hinges. any body have some to sell. Also any body need a head minus cams I will let it go cheap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts