Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What started off as a flat tire is now needing a new BCM. Pulled over with a flat and called CAA. Drained my battery while waiting with key locked in ignition. CAA came and tried to boost my battery without any luck. Called a second truck with portable wheels, who also tried to boost my battery without any luck either. Neither driver could get my keys out of the ignition.
Had it towed to the dealership. I googled a way to release the keys without issue. Thank you YouTube! But the gearshift was stuck and there was limited power to the rest of the car. Dealership is saying they think it's a BCM issue, quoting $560 for used parts and labour. It's a 2007 with nearly 300,000 kms. At this point, I'm tempted to donate it. Any thoughts or advice?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
first off, year, model engine and where in the world you are. You know where home is, we don't.

·
Registered
8,983 Posts
Dealership is saying they think it's a BCM issue, quoting $560 for used parts and labour. It's a 2007 with nearly 300,000 kms. At this point, I'm tempted to donate it. Any thoughts or advice?
Well! CAA, then we can assume you are in CANADA...

What dealer are you speaking of, since Suzuki closed all dealers and vacated some 4 yrs ago..

Seems they dont know how to diagnose, as what you got was a guess..

Personally I would not let them get their greasy hands on it...

... Philip

1 - 3 of 3 Posts